14g biocube reef build!

kasik64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tanks guys! I've had a 14 gallon and an 8 gallon biocube. Just wanted to mention but you may already know, that Astraea snails have one heck of a time trying to flip themselves back over. If you see them like that, you should flip them back over. Otherwise you feed your hermits well!:D

Haha thanks...they are empty. My crab had a snack...

kasik64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking great Andy! I added a brain coral and a star polyp today!
094698436bb787daa275ac528fe80ea3.jpg
c98fea22a06473d621ffa765b2a95e0e.jpg

kasik64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the last one!!! And yes they did! Super happy to see them open, I have I'll take a pic tonight in the moonlight. I ordered a couple of anemones (my LFS will let me pick which one I'd like), a sea cucumber, a mandarin goby, and a Duncan.

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My GSP when I put it into my tank, and now only a few months later. Up until last week my lights were two years old also. Incredible grower.

IMG_7735.JPG

IMG_1287.JPG

Last edited:

tupes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the last one!!! And yes they did! Super happy to see them open, I have I'll take a pic tonight in the moonlight. I ordered a couple of anemones (my LFS will let me pick which one I'd like), a sea cucumber, a mandarin goby, and a Duncan.

Everything is looking good, but you should refrain from the mandarin goby. You wont have enough food in your tank to eat and he will end up dieing. You have to have a very eatablished tank to have one. Even those with established reefs have big struggles keeping them alive. If you have any questions in regards to live stock choices please dont hesitate to ask first. Always research new corals and fish to make sure they can get the proper care so you can get to enjoy them for longer.

kasik64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see your picture is with wayde from tanked.
I met wayde and Bretton when the were here in savannah a few years back. Cool guys

Yes I know it can be invasive. I think that it will look nice in my tank. And yes haha I went to their place in Vegas where they film. It was so cool. Dream come true!

kasik64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is looking good, but you should refrain from the mandarin goby. You wont have enough food in your tank to eat and he will end up dieing. You have to have a very eatablished tank to have one. Even those with established reefs have big struggles keeping them alive. If you have any questions in regards to live stock choices please dont hesitate to ask first. Always research new corals and fish to make sure they can get the proper care so you can get to enjoy them for longer.

Even if I put in copepods? I put some in yesterday specifically for the goby. My LFS told me I can keep one as long as I add them every other month.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back