14g biocube reef build!

kasik64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that route is possible but most dont keep up with it. Personally i would do every 2-3 weeks depending on how many you're adding.

Thanks! I appreciate your feedback. I want to make sure the fish I get are taken care of, I don't have to buy the goby I ordered so I'll do more research. I wanted to get a zebra dart fish but I don't want it to bully my firefish plus they get big. I hope the clowns I get don't bully my firefish either. I was thinking of getting one clown to be friends with my firefish, but if they didn't bond, I'd want 2 clowns so they can bond. Any thoughts?

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I appreciate your feedback. I want to make sure the fish I get are taken care of, I don't have to buy the goby I ordered so I'll do more research. I wanted to get a zebra dart fish but I don't want it to bully my firefish plus they get big. I hope the clowns I get don't bully my firefish either. I was thinking of getting one clown to be friends with my firefish, but if they didn't bond, I'd want 2 clowns so they can bond. Any thoughts?

I had one clown fish and one firefish for a few days and it was depressing to watch. The firefish did the typical firefish thing of darting behind a rock and pretty much chilling there (still does until feeding time). The one clown just kind of lazily swam around. I got another clown a few days later, and when I out the bag in the tank to acclimate temp, the clown in my tank literally darted up to the bag and stayed there until I had to drip acclimate. They've been best buds ever since. I actually saw the male "flashing" last week. They are crazy active together in the tank.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that route is possible but most dont keep up with it. Personally i would do every 2-3 weeks depending on how many you're adding.

Yes, mandarins can eat up to a thousand pods a day.
It's hard to keep them in smaller tanks. Your lfs is trying g to sell a fish as friendly as they might sound.
You can always get ine, just make sure to add alot of pods like tupes said.
They eat allllllllll day long, non stop.

kasik64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the feedback guys! I have a lot of thinking to do whether I will get a goby or not. I am willing to purchase the pods monthly, just going to look into other fish too.

OP
OP
Sandroni

Sandroni

Professional Coral Bleacher
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?

I adopted an engineer goby and a green clown goby from one of my teachers. Lost my male frostbite, I feel like my engineer goby could have had a snack. I was gone for the night at the beach and I came back and he was gone. :( Hammer is doing well, it's popping another head, and the zoas and palys are good. Thinking about getting an acan or something this weekend.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I adopted an engineer goby and a green clown goby from one of my teachers. Lost my male frostbite, I feel like my engineer goby could have had a snack. I was gone for the night at the beach and I came back and he was gone. :( Hammer is doing well, it's popping another head, and the zoas and palys are good. Thinking about getting an acan or something this weekend.
Sorry about the fish loss, glad to hear that your corals are doing well.
Also glad to see an update lol.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing :/ lol. Waiting to see if coraline algae is about to pop up.
Hahaha! You'll be waiting awhile lol.
Coralline is.........slooooooooowwwwwwwwww motion lol.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back