15$ torch? Coral ID

RedSeaReefer1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? So you think at $15 that would have been adequately priced for a torch?

Unique corals ships torches with these micro heads All the time. Purple torch with green tips on their site right now. $189.

No. That price is fine for a galaxia. If there's any complaint it's not on price, it's the fact that they sold it as a torch when it's not.
Heck no lol. I agree. Prices on torches are ridiculous. But people keep paying top dollar for them all the time. Not me tho.

RedSeaReefer1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s totally okay, I like the coral actually. I’m excited for it because they grow quicker than torches from what I hear.
It’s an awesome coral. I love mine. They’re super hardy also. They have some of longest sweeper tentacles though of any coral. I’ve measured mine coming out as far as a foot and a half. It’s no joke. They will sting the heck out of other corals if you’re not careful

OP
OP
2manyideas

2manyideas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s an awesome coral. I love mine. They’re super hardy also. They have some of longest sweeper tentacles though of any coral. I’ve measured mine coming out as far as a foot and a half. It’s no joke. They will sting the heck out of other corals if you’re not careful
The ones on my other galaxea in another tank reach about 6” and it’s the size of a half dollar so I don’t doubt it. Are there any corals that are resistant to or unbothered by its sting? I’d like to have corals closer to it than a foot away

OP
OP
2manyideas

2manyideas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a close up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 34

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back