150w MH bulb recommendations

bkoppes

SaraNOSNOWta
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I need a new double ended 150k MH light for my nanocube. I prefer 20k, like the blue look.

Locally I can buy a Ushio or Coralife. One better than the other or do I have other options you would recommend?

JiggyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would recommend the 14k pheonix to me it have the 20k look im running them with icecap ballast

OP
OP
B

bkoppes

SaraNOSNOWta
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would recommend the 14k pheonix to me it have the 20k look im running them with icecap ballast

Not going to change ballast. Using nanocube hqi ballast that came with tank. Its my wifes tank and I am not spending any more money on it :) She really likes the blue look.

xraided199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man, i am in the EXACT same boat as you. right now, have no money to change ballast, and i have the HQI nanocube ballast as well. to be honest, i have been lookin everywhere, and it looks like a Radium 20k is what im goin with.

i adore the blue look, yet have no room for actinic supplement on my tank so ima go with radium. seems the best color and performance around. hope this helps and good luck.

rossco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Radium 150 watt over my frag tank and switched to a Phoenix 14K and it is bluer than the Radium was. My ballast is an ARO electronic.

Back