MrDeathKills

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stocking ideas for 16gal Biocube.

Need opinions on this stock of fish. We are pretty open on snails so any you think would be beneficial to the tanks overall health we are open to hear about. If there is another fish you think we can sneak in please do tell we are fully open to see what other fish would do well in here. Plan on adding coral at some point

1 Clownfish
1 Wheeler shrimp goby
1 Blood red Fire Shrimp
1 pistol shrimp
1 Electric Blue hermit crab
3-4 snails

Last edited:

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a great stock list! My personal favorite snails are Cerith snails, they've got long shells and can right themselves if they fall. In a 16 gallon I would have something more like 3-4, maybe 2 hermits would function better. I would also recommend you get a shrimp to go with the goby, they don't take up much space and in a 16 gallon could really become a centerpiece!
Keep us updated as the build develops, I would love to follow along!

OP
OP
MrDeathKills

MrDeathKills

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a great stock list! My personal favorite snails are Cerith snails, they've got long shells and can right themselves if they fall. In a 16 gallon I would have something more like 3-4, maybe 2 hermits would function better. I would also recommend you get a shrimp to go with the goby, they don't take up much space and in a 16 gallon could really become a centerpiece!
Keep us updated as the build develops, I would love to follow along!

My wife will be happy that we can keep more snails! Question on the hermit could i add 1 electric blue and 1 Halloween? Would those be okay? We can definitely pick up a pistol shrimp if it will stay kosher in the tank.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife will be happy that we can keep more snails! Question on the hermit could i add 1 electric blue and 1 Halloween? Would those be okay? We can definitely pick up a pistol shrimp if it will stay kosher in the tank.
I have never owned a Halloween so I'm not sure about their temperament, but I do know they get bigger than most hermits & they also require very specific shells to live in.
The shrimp will stay friendly as long as it remains fed. If it gets really hungry, it may try to eat a crab or snail but that wasn't ever an issue for the one I had (though that was almost 6 years ago).

OP
OP
MrDeathKills

MrDeathKills

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never owned a Halloween so I'm not sure about their temperament, but I do know they get bigger than most hermits & they also require very specific shells to live in.
The shrimp will stay friendly as long as it remains fed. If it gets really hungry, it may try to eat a crab or snail but that wasn't ever an issue for the one I had (though that was almost 6 years ago).

I will have to ask around about the hermit then. Then a second shrimp should be no issue we will have to get one. Will definitely keep updating on here as i buy all my items and start my cycle soon.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back