17gallon Aquascaping Advice

bcarl77

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 24, 2017
Messages
902
Reaction score
466
Location
Tampa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I wanted to get some feedback and suggestions on my 17 gallon tank. I am wanting to buy a few more pieces of coral but undecided on what to buy and put where. Also open to moving existing pieces around too! Thanks for your suggestions!
IMG_0205.JPG
 
It's not too shabby at the moment, some of the best looking aquascapes are the simplest. If you still want to add some more rock, maybe a ledge rock across the two base rocks to make a bridge would look good and provide a cave for the fish to swim through. I wouldn't add too much additional height however otherwise the tank will look cramped.
 
It's not too shabby at the moment, some of the best looking aquascapes are the simplest. If you still want to add some more rock, maybe a ledge rock across the two base rocks to make a bridge would look good and provide a cave for the fish to swim through. I wouldn't add too much additional height however otherwise the tank will look cramped.

Thats a really cool idea, I’d have to find a perfect rock to do it with. Would make another good surface to grow coral on.
 
Agreed with the other two, but also
I personally like asymmetrical designs, so maybe like make one side taller than the other?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new