180 gallon mixed reef build

Oh crap! Haha sorry about that! I've never used regular fish food to cycle a tank so I don't have any advice on that.
 
I don't want to spend the money for Dr tims and I don't like the idea of a decaying shrimp in the tank
 
Dr tims is fastest. Read fish less cycle on his website. You use ammonia for the cycle. Ace hardware carries the ammonia without soap which is what you need
 
So I decided to add a few shrimp to my sump in a filter sock and dose with micro bacter 7. Ammonia spiked to 1.5 for a day then went back down to .25. Undetectable nitrates and nitrites. Haven't had any algae yet. Skimmer produced a little skimmate the first 2 days but nothing in the past week and a half. Hoping I can add a clean up crew in the next couple of weeks.

20160910_145600.jpg
 
Nice Tank, it is filling up nicely. try to move the green star polyp away from other corals, gsp usually grow fast and out of control and will start growing over other corals.
 
Livestock list
Mated pair of Picasso clowns
Pair of regular clowns
Midas blenny
2 blue/green chromis
6 line wrasse
Bangai cardinal
Pajama cardinal
One spot fox face
5-10 emerald crabs
Serpent star
Sand shifting star
Cleaner (skunk) shrimp
Sea urchin
Vlamingii Tang
3 blue Damsels

I would like to add a few Tangs to the tank but am worried I will overstock the tank. What do you guys think?
 
I think you can go with 3 tangs, I have same size tank with 4 tangs, blue, powder blue, yellow and purple.
Take a quick look at the link in my signature
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new