180 Rimless build

Got the steal for the stand today and got it cut.
I will try and get it welded together by mid week.
Then I have to powder coat it.
430536E8-24BC-40F1-91A4-332E169E8DAD-16680-00001AE01AFED9EE.jpg
 
I should get the steal in for the stand this weekend and start on it
I will upload some pics when I have a chance.

You order the tank to GC and then they deliver it into your house? or you pick it up some where delivery point?
Let me know please.

Thank you.
 
Have you looked into truck bed liner over powder coating? You can get it at Lowes/HD and roll it on, after you prime the metal (basic, cheap primer). I've had several powder coated stands, they're awesome when new but it's fairly easy to chip it over time. Truck bed liner is cheaper and won't chip.

Nice security as well :)
 
Off to a good start, following along!
 
Sweet tank and rifle!
 
Stunreefer
Good idea I have not thought about it but I like the idea.
I am off to lowes in the morning to check it out
 
Ok I have made a little progress with the stand
I got it all fitted and tacked together.

408940E6-5628-4E85-B4F2-AC413785DF5C-1443-000002DAACC11CFC.jpg


1CBEC720-2545-4947-AAA5-1680DDCFF4B1-1443-000002DADB7D075E.jpg


F6BD7100-F090-4974-A4A2-35CEBA9E50B6-1443-000002DB8AF73FBD.jpg


B3F4989E-089B-4EF4-8EDB-AA0FAD192219-1443-000002DB45A7B7EB.jpg


08555E88-5515-4AD3-9AAF-B4322BE1DD36-1443-000002DB14C252C1.jpg


7F9A40D0-5529-4272-A3E5-F63704647E8E-1443-000002DAFC40DD23.jpg


And I also upgraded the rifle lol stream light laser light combo and added a quadrail and forgrip

40DD2262-6A65-411F-BCB2-991794693D9D-1443-0000031E88AEE6AB.jpg
 
Got the stand all welded up and as soon as I get a little more time this week I am going to wash it down and coat it with bedliner.
Thanks for the great Idea.
 
thanks anemonekeeper.

Took the stand and dropped it off to be soda blasted today!
If all goes well I will start the wood work and counter around the stand next week.
 
Ok got the stand back after having it coated today i will try and get some picks up in the morning after I put the top and bottom on it
 
Ok I'm adding pics of the next step on the stand
I cut and put the top and bottom 3/4" plywood on this morning

43136A3D-20E5-4F1B-A2EC-5FB115114550-3019-0000025E93F4028D.jpg


98F005DB-074B-4749-96E7-90F97D8DC1E7-3019-0000025E860D96B5.jpg


67D53E52-F19E-4D3D-9513-F76A3C99C156-3019-0000025E997949C8.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new