Ok I got a lot done on the stand today.
Stained and satin polyurethane.
I laid the tile an grouted it.
Built the front and side skirts from oak and blonde wood.
All I have left is to build the doors and the stand will be finished.
I should get the doors done this week sometime just depends on how much I have to work over this week.
I am going to try and get it plumbed this week and get the sump drilled for the external pumps.
Thanks alot skinz.
This has been my dream tank for some time now.
I am just happy that I finally got the time to finish the stand.
I still have a few things left to pick up to get everything finished.
Maybe 2 weeks it will have all the coral and lights on it doin what it is intended to do.
Key tools I used to build my new stand.
DEwalt circular saw
DEwalt 20v max impact and drill
And the kreg pockethole jig
And of course a Lincoln arc welder
I was wanting to get the tank ready before this weekend because we are having our local frag swap this weekend in Memphis.
I already have a few things I am going to pick up.
I dont know if I'm allowed to talk specific about a brand but I will try my best not to make it sound like a review asked question. But how do you feel glasscages rimless is quality wise compared to some of the others out there? since I've heard a lot of negative regarding their rimless models. It looks terrific. I would love to get my hands on an ADA long nano, i think one of the 12 gal's is what im thining of.
As far as glass cages timeless tanks.
I love mine I did the same reading as you on people bashing there product but I have bought reptile cages from them in the past. So I decided to go with them for my rimless tank for the number one reason I lived close to them 2.5 hours away. I picked up the tank in person.
I priced this tank from a lot of other builders and just to put it blunt. I can buy 3 from glasscages for the price o one from some of the others.
And when I went to pick it up they gave me a tour of the factory it is nothing like you would think. Try are a local company that builds tanks in shops in there back yard.