180 Rimless build

Syndicated

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Location
Munford TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to this forum and thought i post a build thread and see what everyone thinks.

Ok here is the list of items i have got and left to get for the tank

180g
Rimless tank from Glasscages ( Purchased )
48x36x24,
Reef Ready, Center Back Overflow, Black Silicone

50g Rimless Sump/Refugium
(Purchased)

Custom Stand ( Need to Buy wood and Build)

Reef Octipus NWB 200 (Purchased)
Tek Light 48" 8 Bulb T5 (Purchased)
Tek Light 48" 6 Bulb T5 (Purchased)
Neptune System Apex (Purchased)
Neptune EB8 X 2 (Purchased)
Neptune Breakout Box, ATO System (Purchased)
Neptune WXM Wireless Module to Cycle Vortech though all modes (Purchased)
Ecotech Vortech
MP40wes x 2 (Purchased)
Custom Built Reactors ( Purchased just havent got parts to build)
Geo 618 Calcium Reactor ( Purchased )
Aquatic Life Co2 Regulator with Lighted Solenoid ( Purchased )
6 Led Low Profile light mounted under tank to light sump when serviced
wired to break out to come on when door is open ( Purchased )
 
290a2529.jpg


New skimmer
 
Nice setup you have going here.. cant wait for it to get wet and see what you do with it.
Whats the stocking plans.
 
most of the stock is coiming out of my 150 i am taking down
In the end it will be SPS for the largest part
 
c0f7c4cf.jpg


now the background I have picked out

6fef7d3a.jpg


now under lights

D9E50D83-8E8C-420C-B403-C891D1086BC3-10707-0000104A08D0902C.jpg


this is The sun tek 6 bulb t5 over the tank as I am using the 8 bulb t5 now I cant take it down to put over the new tank to show it will be edge to edge t5 over this tank

279E3FB3-800C-41B7-862D-B5400F030889-10707-0000104A01678B00.jpg
 
I should get the steal in for the stand this weekend and start on it
I will upload some pics when I have a chance.
 
I didn't think I would like the size of this tank but when I picked it up after custom ordering it they had a 48x48 right next to it and I am really glad I went with the 48x36 I have some nice options for my stand that wouldnt have been posible with te larger tank and where it is going in my house
 
Lookin' great!! Can't wait to see how it turns out!!
 
great dimensions on that tank...those are the dimensions I want as well. cant wait to see it running
 
it's gonna be awesome , waiting for new update :)
 
The hardest thing I faced in this new build was lighting.
I am a true MH fan due to look and growth.
But as with most out there I had a truly horrible day when my chiller went out and boiled my tank
It was a total lose in my 150 in one day.
So I decided not ro go MH.
Then came Led but with alot of reading and other people tryin them out
They love the look but I have read alot where people can't get it down just right and have alot of bleaching of there coral
So for now Led's are out.
So I decided to go with T5's
On the new tank I am running 2 Sun Tek t5 fixtures 8 bulb and 6 bulb with a total of 14 T5 bulbs awesome reflectors on these units
6 Aquablue +
3 Pure Actinic
4 Actinic +
1 Aqua Pink
I hope to pull off something between 15k to 20k look
With this setup. I will have 4 outlets on the apex set aside for light control.
 
Nice build and love the background never seen anything like it good job
 
The background I just found it on the net and had it printed poster size to see how I would like it.
Then I am having it printed now on vinyl on the sticky side so it will last.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new