1st reef, lots of questions, supet curious.

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing to also mention is if you have kitty and any opening they will reach paws in water and all sorts of cat pewp will get in your water :(

I speak from experience as I’ve got a 22 lb cat and did the same thing. With a 20 gallon tank, you could do a very easy custom wooden frame canopy that is completely enclosed. Hang your light(s) from the top of it, enough air flow for gas exchange, bonus points if you add a door that you can feed fish through

still planning on completely enclosing mine but this is example on but bigger tank

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
Dezbian

Dezbian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing to also mention is if you have kitty and any opening they will reach paws in water and all sorts of cat pewp will get in your water :(

I speak from experience as I’ve got a 22 lb cat and did the same thing. With a 20 gallon tank, you could do a very easy custom wooden frame canopy that is completely enclosed. Hang your light(s) from the top of it, enough air flow for gas exchange, bonus points if you add a door that you can feed fish through

still planning on completely enclosing mine but this is example on but bigger tank
Ah, if I only was handy like that lol I wish I could "make" something like that but I cannot....even of you say "it's easy" I still cannot lol. I'm lucky my little boy is super clean and only drinks the water. He doesn't really stick his paws in. :) but if it's a netted top he may not even try to go on it. I've decided the tank will not be located anywhere he can reach it and he's not a jumper (too lazy) he's very un cat-like tbh and he doesn't like uneven surfaces....

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, if I only was handy like that lol I wish I could "make" something like that but I cannot....even of you say "it's easy" I still cannot lol. I'm lucky my little boy is super clean and only drinks the water. He doesn't really stick his paws in. :) but if it's a netted top he may not even try to go on it. I've decided the tank will not be located anywhere he can reach it and he's not a jumper (too lazy) he's very un cat-like tbh and he doesn't like uneven surfaces....
How far are you from Indiana I’m handy enough I can make you one if you end up going that route. Cats are hilarious I named mine triton so he fits right in with all the fish

OP
OP
Dezbian

Dezbian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far are you from Indiana I’m handy enough I can make you one if you end up going that route. Cats are hilarious I named mine triton so he fits right in with all the fish
I live in Massachusetts :) and mines name is chaos, because he's a nut job lol. That's so nice! If I do decide to go that way I'll definitely hit you up, how much would you charge?

ilikefish69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Massachusetts :) and mines name is chaos, because he's a nut job lol. That's so nice! If I do decide to go that way I'll definitely hit you up, how much would you charge?
If it’s a 20 L it would be super easy, would charge you just for the wood and gas if we end up driving or shipping. Chaos is very fitting name for a cat

OP
OP
Dezbian

Dezbian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s a 20 L it would be super easy, would charge you just for the wood and gas if we end up driving or shipping. Chaos is very fitting name for a cat
It is a 20 gallon long, I'll let you know! I still think im going to try the netted thing the other guy said. If you met him you'd understand just how appropriate it is lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back