2.5 dwarf seahorse pico

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookin good! Have you figured out how to lower your temps? Just a heads up I think that feathery looking stuff is a type of calpera (but I may be wrong) and can really get out of hand if it is. Is there an ETA for some ponies?

OP
OP
twiggyb

twiggyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a little fan right behind the tank, it's stable for the most part, but some nights get colder and it drops down to 71. Usually it's between 72 to 77, staying at 74 to 75 for the most part. I just put a bag of reef pods in the tank for some population building. I'd say maybe another month before I get my ranch up and running. Yeah, it's a caulerpa. It's grown already, but it's beautiful. I'll be sure to keep it trim though. I don't think any of the other macros will make it with the light I have. I'm super excited about getting some!

OP
OP
twiggyb

twiggyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, havent checked this in a while. I've put this project on hold as I've been busy helping out my dad since his open heart surgery. Don't have spare time to focus on the food source and I am trying to keep up with regular maintenance on my 65g and 12g. Hopefully I can continue this tank in the future sometime as I really like these tiny seahorses.

DxSOR25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True family always comes first.. I was helping out my grandfather and put a lot on hold.. He just passed away so it's time to get stuff going again.. He loved the tanks

OP
OP
twiggyb

twiggyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I took it down as I wasn't able to take care of it as it needed. My other tanks took a back seat as well and I'm just starting to get things back to normal on them. My dad is doing great! Thanks for asking :) I was actually just looking at the tank this morning thinking of starting it back up, but not until I get my big tank plumbed up. My dad is in charge of that and I gotta help him get it done before he goes back in for surgery to get his knees replaced. He'll be out of commission for a while then as they can't do both at once due to his heart. After my 225 is up and running, I can start moving things over from my 65 and break that down and claim some space back in my room. After that, finish up a vertical 40b that's taking up room also for some poison dart frogs. Once that tank is in place I can take down the temporary frog tanks on my computer desk. After some rearranging of some tanks and furniture I think I'll start the dwarf tank back up. Right now its basically all dependent on this big tank getting done.

blueridgereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad he's doing well! My grandmother has had multiple surgeries, including both knees, so I understand(as much as you can with differing situations, anyway.)
Dart frogs are so cool! I almost got some, but ended up going with a crested gecko instead. I hope everything gets sorted out with minimal hang-ups/problems!

OP
OP
twiggyb

twiggyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get both! I have two cresties also, along with a leopard gecko. Pdfs are easy to care for, you just have to keep up with te fruit fly cultures. Thanks, hopefully there won't be too big of issues getting things done.

blueridgereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have Lex anymore, she died. I'd gotten her and started reefing within a month, and after she died I decided I enjoyed reefing more, so I never got another. I still love looking at other people's set ups, though. Do you have any pictures of the darts in the OT forum?

OP
OP
twiggyb

twiggyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have Lex anymore, she died. I'd gotten her and started reefing within a month, and after she died I decided I enjoyed reefing more, so I never got another. I still love looking at other people's set ups, though. Do you have any pictures of the darts in the OT forum?

I don't, but I'll go post some pics there of them

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any updates?? :)

OP
OP
twiggyb

twiggyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?? :)

Well, the big tanks been up and running since last December, I slacked off until a month or so ago and finished up the frog tank, still have to let that settle in before I can move the frog over to it. Since the big tanks been up and running, it's put a lot of humidity and heat into the house without an hvac going in the room. I've been rethinking it and trying to decide if I want to downsize to a cube of some sort to cut back on costs as well long term. So needless to say, the little tank is still on the back burner until I feel like I can handle it. I've been seeing some cool little mini stands and canopies being made and think I'll do that too cause I like how it makes them look big in photos. Here's a pic of the 225 from a few months ago for now.

IMG_0103_zpse3a10551.jpg

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • NO

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back