2 hawkfish in a 75 ?

marissas47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 gal mixed reef that has been running for about 6 years, I bought it and brought it home 1.5 years ago. I have a large longnose hawk that I absolutely love, and I just bought the contents of a tank from someone who had to move. That tank included a med sized falco hawk, among other things. The contents of the “new” setup are in their own tank but I don’t really plan on keeping both running long-term. I was wondering if anyone had experience keeping 2 hawkfish of different species in a tank as small as a 75 ? I’ve googled but only found threads about 150 gal + tanks. Thanks guys !

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with both are Falco's are more aggressive than the long nose and may become an issue together in a 75. I've kept two long nose together in the past without issue, but never mixed Hawks.

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Falco that was an absolute terror to every other fish in my tank. Cool looking fish, but total jerk.

OP
OP
marissas47

marissas47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first experience with a falco, he seems okay in the holding tank so that’s why I wasn’t sure. I may just have to keep a second tank running lol. Thanks guys !!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Longnose and flame can be kept together in that size tank, but a falco is more aggressive than the flame, so I would recommend against it.
+1

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back