2 new green chromis

Dragonreef202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to get my 75 gallon back with life. Had no fish in there just a few corals. Decided to get these guys.

IMG_3521.JPG

IMG_3524.JPG

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite smaller fish types. Very nice coloration.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Good luck with them!

scurvy dawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two, then one of them made sure I only had one, (he was bullied by the other one into staying in the rocks and stopped eating) and then my Flame Hawkfish made sure I had none. Too bad since I like the constant movement in the top half of the tank.
The Hawkfish took the last one out during feeding time. Don't think it was on purpose, but they both were going for the same chunk of food and there was a collision and brief fight. Next thing I know, the chromis was hiding in the rocks. This was highly unusual since it is a huge eater and only goes in the rocks at night. He finally showed himself about 15 mins later and he was missing one if his eyes. Ended up taking him out of the tank and euthanizing him before he got infected or sick.

Probably not going replace it since I felt I had to feed the tank more often with him in there. I prefer every other day feeding. It's what I have always had success with in keeping phosphates and nitrates in check.

OP
OP
Dragonreef202

Dragonreef202

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my fish sometimes twice a day or every other day. I don't have a lot of corals so need for a lot of feeding the fish to have waste in tank. Also That's the strange thing about having saltwater tanks the small and colorful fishes are dangerous too. Predators without teeth

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back