OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I’m getting confused some people say they are adding chloramine to my water some say they aren’t and can I just dechlorinate the water after it goes through the rodi

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok I’m getting confused some people say they are adding chloramine to my water some say they aren’t and can I just dechlorinate the water after it goes through the rodi
No you don't. You can mix salt with RODI water. It does not contain any chloramines. Use a TDS meter occasionally to make sure that TDS is below 2 (ideally 0).

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I think I’m going to get the ro buddy and them the instant ocean for my salt, does anyone here have good journals for 20 longs and does anyone have a easy way to make a rodi setup that I can walk away from

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An RODI removes chloramines.

The main thing is you need to keep up on your pre filters in the RODI. If you don’t change them then they will stop filtering out the chlorine properly which will ruin the memberane in the rodi and that is more costly to replace.

I replace mine every 6 months as pre filters are cheap and my TDS is only 130 so not that terrible.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I think I’m going to get the ro buddy and them the instant ocean for my salt, does anyone here have good journals for 20 longs and does anyone have a easy way to make a rodi setup that I can walk away from
This can be done. Buy two different types of float valves and install them. One a little bit higher than the other. This ensures if#1 fails, your container won't overflow.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had a small tank like yours, I knew it took ~60min to fill my 5gal bucket so I'd have Alexa remind me in an hour.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Setting up your RODI-
Id first call your water department and find out what they are using to treat your water specifically. I live in AZ. We have 9 water treatment plants just in Phoenix Valley alone. And some plants in some sectors use different chemical to treat water than others.
Pentek sells a filter designed to specifically remove Clorine/Chloramine. All you do is pop it into your prefilter stage. After sediment stage. Preferably after 1 micron block 2nd stage.
Id highly reccomend getting a 3 canister DI from brs and set it up as described by them in there videos.
Your going to get out what you put in and Source water is #1 where it all starts.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is the Ro buddy is all I can afford. By the way, I plan for my 1st fish to be a pair of skunk clowns then a sebae anenome the clowns seem easy to keep and the anenome should be simple too

Reactions: LRT
Status
Not open for further replies.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back