OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like engineer goby a lot. And the cool thing is I could use the 20g as a grow out like if I got all adult fish like clarkii and like a eel or something, I could get a fish throw it in there for a few months till it gets fat and big then I can add it in.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what I’m gonna do is start out just buy building the tanks equipment then doing like chores and stuff and mabye like lawn mowing or guppy breeding to make cash for livestock

|Frank|

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do when I go on vacation there next time. It isn’t certain we will move but if I do I’m gonna def do my 40g. Mabye even do it in indiana, could 500$ pay for equipment?
Nice man.
Im actually starting my 40b hopefully tomorrow. Transferring from my 20g most of the equip I have I made sure would be a enough for the 40. I don't have a skimmer though which I may get. I also use red sea 50leds so I spent a little more than $500. Unfortunately ya can't just say I'm gonna spend $ cause eventually it turns to $$$ lol. Can't tell you how many times I told my wife something was on "sale"

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s minimum light for like xenia and leathers in a 40b

I’m just gonna keep easiest lowest light stuff

Probably toadstool too

Will do when I go on vacation there next time. It isn’t certain we will move but if I do I’m gonna def do my 40g. Mabye even do it in indiana, could 500$ pay for equipment?

Cause I’d run both systems interconnected

Cause all I’d need would be like 3 t5 bars 1 2ft 2 3ft then a skimmer then 2 powerheads

1 300w heater could heat 60g

I like engineer goby a lot. And the cool thing is I could use the 20g as a grow out like if I got all adult fish like clarkii and like a eel or something, I could get a fish throw it in there for a few months till it gets fat and big then I can add it in.

Also allows lots more bioload considering I’d have a 20 and a 40 packed ith macros

an ai prime, noopsyche k7 ii, vivaspectra, Chinese black box could all handle a 40b with your coral selection thing about t5 is there is a bit more cost than an LED due to both more power consumption and the need to replace bulbs. These costs pile up slowly, but they’re worth considering.

500$ could handle equipment if you have a solid plan and don’t deviate. But that means you gotta do your research. Come up with a solid livestock plan and stick to it. If you really want to drill the 40 and do a sump, great but it will add to the cost. You will have to consider the cost of the tools to drill, the plumbing, sourcing baffles, adhesive to secure the baffles. You will also need to figure out a viable return pump, skimmer if you want it, etc.

You can certainly go that route, but it will be more than just starting with a 40b and a decent HOB filter and skimmer.

and I’m not trying to say one methodology is better than the other. Just more to think about because you gotta be smart about your money.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the amount of fish you can do in a 40g with a water volume of 60g with a skimmer and giant fuge

if you have a 40b display with a 20g fuge you’re going to have around 10 or 15g extra water volume. But that doesn’t translate to more volume for bigger fish. Simply more water for better stability. You could have a 40b display and a 2000g sump, and in the 40b you still would only be able to house fish suited for a 40b

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you have a 40b display with a 20g fuge you’re going to have around 10 or 15g extra water volume. But that doesn’t translate to more volume for bigger fish. Simply more water for better stability. You could have a 40b display and a 2000g sump, and in the 40b you still would only be able to house fish suited for a 40b
Ok let’s say hypothetically a eel wouldn’t get in a fight with other eels, could you have as many eels as you could in a 2040g bioload tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back