2018 Black Friday sales have begun... :o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BWilliby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn, no Kessil this year? Was hoping to save some $$ on new fuge lighting. [emoji848]

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Darn, no Kessil this year? Was hoping to save some $$ on new fuge lighting. [emoji848]

DrFosterSmith had $40 credit on all orders over $125. I was able to pick up a Kessil H80 for $130 yesterday and get a $40 credit, that’s better than any % off we’d get elsewhere!

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DrFosterSmith had $40 credit on all orders over $125. I was able to pick up a Kessil H80 for $130 yesterday and get a $40 credit, that’s better than any % off we’d get elsewhere!

Yeah, they've been not following MAP every chance they get which is really frustrating for businesses like us that work hard to give back to the community.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they've been not following MAP every chance they get which is really frustrating for businesses like us that work hard to give back to the community.

I think it may be due to the acquisition by PetCo.... They were having SIGNIFICANT pricing errors/discounts a month ago or so. Like I ordered 20 full sized RSCP buckets for $13 each. And a bunch of ATOs at 75% off to sell on eBay. I thought they were going out of business and emptying inventory.

Definitely difficult when online retailers don't follow MAP. Especially online sellers.

I can understand why local stores offer a 5% off or "store credit" with certain MAP items, to be able to compete with online sellers that don't have as much rent cost/limited customer base. But even here on Reef2Reef or facebook groups, if you post something in the WTB section, you will get messaged by someone that offers new units below MAP (a distributor).

Last edited:

Justintegra99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will sales that are through the end of the month, and sales that are only available for a day or a few select days be clearly differentiated from each other?

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As best as we can, yes! I usually do round-ups on here of current sales and when they end. MOST sales will end Cyber Monday. There are only a few outliers that will go through the end of the year.

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sold my truck to be ready for Black Friday sales this year! Lol

I do have another vehicle, but seriously that was my goal!

Pretty excited!

Wow, that's dedication!!! What are you hoping to pick up? This is definitely the black friday to do it!

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you are giving a store credit, is that a MAP violation?

DFS went off my radar when as a Canadian, I see this when I go to their website :rolleyes:

IwgFVQo.jpg

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are giving a store credit, is that a MAP violation?

DFS went off my radar when as a Canadian, I see this when I go to their website :rolleyes:

IwgFVQo.jpg

It depends on the specific policy, but the general purpose of MAP is to preserve the integrity of product pricing and level the playing field across all resellers. So if you're offering a store credit in exchange for the purchase of a MAP product, yes.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love me some Black Friday Specials at BRS! :D

Last edited:

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that's dedication!!! What are you hoping to pick up? This is definitely the black friday to do it!

I have a 200 gallon display, 2 40 breeders and just purchased a 60 gallon frag tank. I need lights (the ones that never go on sale), some rock, bulk carbon and gfo, a powerhead or 2, maybe a calcium reactor, some odds n ends plumbing, black egg crate, and some bad butt brs freebies! :D

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are doing other map violations with discount codes for percentage off in certain cases as well.

Well, someone needs to pressure the manufacturer to stop selling to them if they aren't playing by the rules. I mean I knonw Petco/DFS probably sells a lot of product but if someone wants the product, they'll buy it elsewhere too.

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 200 gallon display, 2 40 breeders and just purchased a 60 gallon frag tank. I need lights (the ones that never go on sale), some rock, bulk carbon and gfo, a powerhead or 2, maybe a calcium reactor, some odds n ends plumbing, black egg crate, and some bad *** brs freebies! :D

SO many good freebies this year!!!

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI - your latest email states 25% off Triton, but your website is at 15% - are you going to honor the 25% as per your email?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 197 70.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back