21 borbonius anthias in a +6000g?

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know much about them. I’ve only seen them kept singly so that makes me think maybe they’re solitary?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK - I’ve never kept these except as singletons.

If money doesn’t matter, look up Sacura anthias, I have kept groups of them, very cool in a big shoal. You need to get them from Japan, and they are out of season until next November, but they are big hardy and males are really colorful.
Jay

OP
OP
MaverickFalcon4

MaverickFalcon4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK - I’ve never kept these except as singletons.

If money doesn’t matter, look up Sacura anthias, I have kept groups of them, very cool in a big shoal. You need to get them from Japan, and they are out of season until next November, but they are big hardy and males are really colorful.
Jay
ok ill take a look thanks

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 6,000 gallon tank I don’t see why you cant keep that many

OP
OP
MaverickFalcon4

MaverickFalcon4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive only seen them for around $750. Price isn’t what my concern would be if money isn’t an issue. Husbandry and whether or not they’re social would be my concern
i can see where your coming from. love the concern the husbandry part is more of hiring pros as such an investment must be well maintained

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Drendo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep 2 in my 180. At first it was like fight club but they have since figured out the pecking order.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal The Sacuras look interesting and I’m glad they’re hardy too, it’s just that they seem to be cooler water fish and are a bit hard to find where I am at small sizes.

How does the Borbonius compare in terms of hardiness? Thanks.

I've only kept borbonius as singletons, so I can't say how they do in groups. I feel that sacura are much hardier. I always have kept them cool, but the Aquarium of the Pacific has kept them long term at tropical temperatures.

Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I’ll see if I can find the smaller Cherry Anthias, but if not, how did the Borbonius do for you in terms of care and feeding? Did they live long?
In the past, I had issues with improper decompression with some - struggling to stay down in the tank. I haven’t tried one in years so I don’t know if their collection methods have improved, sorry.
Jay

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back