OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, waiting on my shipment of corals. So happy that the company is holding them until weather is better. It was by my request first and then they held up a second time. Very much appreciated. I would hate to lose my two clams in this order. Let alone the anemones I got.

Anyway. All going good. Tried to film a bit, but it was too shaky. I will try again this weekend. Qt tanks/Frag tanks were cleaned out and running a uv on them to get rid of more dinos. Ugh. Look much better though. Zoas are growing and multiplying nicely.

Still need to dose another round of red slime remover on 210g. That stuff is a pain. My algae scrubbers are doing well though as I have to clean them out often. I will try to get a picture of those too.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super excited... Marine Farmers finally had two of the final pieces to my tank available. I ordered and cannot wait to get them into the dip and qt for a bit. They are two stereonepthya.

Also waiting on my clams and anemones from AquaSD. As soon as the weather cooperates, we will get them. Yippie!

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some fun with macro lens today. In water.

Attachments

• briarium.jpg
    briarium.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 68
  • cabage neon.jpg
    cabage neon.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 58
  • cesputulina.jpg
    cesputulina.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 57
  • clove polyps4.jpg
    clove polyps4.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 50
  • crocea1.jpg
    crocea1.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 53
  • crocea2.jpg
    crocea2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 50
  • daisy polyps.jpg
    daisy polyps.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 60
  • daisy polyps2.jpg
    daisy polyps2.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled out the GHA after the pictures. :)

Attachments

• fuzzy leather.jpg
    fuzzy leather.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 56
  • lobophytum.jpg
    lobophytum.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 58
  • maximini5.jpg
    maximini5.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 53
  • neon leather.jpg
    neon leather.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 58
  • pink malu and male.jpg
    pink malu and male.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 54
  • purple shroom.jpg
    purple shroom.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 50
  • shroom.jpg
    shroom.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 56
  • squammie.jpg
    squammie.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 50
  • tan malu.jpg
    tan malu.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 52
  • tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 53
  • yellow leather.jpg
    yellow leather.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My @AquaSD order arrived today and it is great!. I have the necessary corals and clams in qt. My anemones just get a quick dip in iodine solution and into the main system.

Hard to see, but these pictures are only 5 minutes after adding to system and after I cleaned the front panel. Also, with my phone. The colors on all the nems were amazing! Cannot wait to see them grow larger and maybe I will finally have more babies. :)

The rest is in qt and not as happy yet. The clams are settled in their great little hammocks (given to me by AquaSD) and the squammie was opening within minutes.

The fat head dendro was gorgeous. Cannot wait to feed him. Super happy right now. Super, super happy I waited to ship and they waited to ship. Good move.

Attachments

• maximini 2-24.jpg
    maximini 2-24.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 55
  • rock nems 2-24.jpg
    rock nems 2-24.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just broke down and got my first UV sterilizer. Never had to use them in the past, but my lps/grow out tank is in desperate means of ridding itself of dinos. I got one for my 210g too as it fights dinos and cyano regularly. We will see.

Oh, the new baby clams from my @AquaSD are doing great. I wish I could get a picture, but they are shy. Open nicely until I put anything near the water or tank. The squammie closes up fast and the maxima does also. They are very colorful though. Cannot wait for them to join my main tank. :)

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummed. I lost both my baby clams I ordered. Not much I can do. They were open yesterday and gone today. No pests were found. Just the case of new babies and acclimation and such. Quite a loss for me, but I know not much could have been done to prevent. They were beautiful.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered two uv systems finally. I have never used them in the past, but I have also never seen dinos like I have with this new setup. So, I have one for my frag/growout system and one for the 210g. I am also fighting some cyano, so this should help too.

The units I decided on were the Lifegard Aquatics. These two are monsters. One is for up to 350g and one for 75g. I am waiting for the pumps to come in. I forgot to order those at the same time. I have two Hydor Seltzer coming in. One for 750gph and one for 3200gph.

Now I have to find a good plumbing option. Definitely better to do this in planning rather than 16 years down the road. :)

I will take pics when I get the pumps and begin plumbing.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So. Some plumbing parts are ordered. New pumps, pvc, ball valves, gate valve (for my Herbie overflow), fittings. I have some, when all gets here, I can actually begin to install.

Also should get my order of maximins from AquaSD this week - insane colors. My Marine Farmers order will be in soon too. Just not sure of date. Waiting on some frags to heal and attach. Great service from these guys.

Wish I had some new pictures. So, instead, here is one from 2003. My little first ever reef a 28g JBJ AIO. Still have the toadstool, cabbage leather and I think some of the gsp (briarium). The clam was my first and with me over 9 years.
DSC_4982.JPG

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New anemones today. Beautiful. Will get better pictures soon.

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 44
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 46
  • brtgrn.jpg
    brtgrn.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, still waiting to fully install the uv sterilizer. I hope to do this tomorrow. I need help from husband and son, so this should be a good day.

Now, I did install the small uv on the 40g/20g set up. It is running nicely and about a week in and the dinos are gone. The cyano is down too. I think in another week, I will run it only at night and see what happens. Really great so far.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So began the install of the new UV filter on the 210g. Decided it would be a good time to switch my ball valve on the Herbie to a gate valve and re-seat all the bulk heads on the overflow system, plus change out my return pump to the newer larger model I got a year or so ago. What an exhausting day. I am still not done. I am currently waiting for the pvc to settle a bit cuz the glue is nasty.

Then I have to fill the tank..... Oh, my goodness cross fingers nothing leaks. I am not sure my hubby will be supportive if we have a major leak. :rolleyes:

What happened doing all this, well first thing is I did not empty enough water in the tank before removing the internal box and made a nice waterfall into the junction box. Luckily, I covered it with plastic, so it did trip the circuit and such, but I am hoping it still works. ;)

Next I spent half the day trying to get the right size pipe done. Cut and cut and cut. Glue and glue and glue. But, should be better if it all does not leak.

Attachments

• 20210321_155246[1].jpg
    20210321_155246[1].jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 20210321_155253[1].jpg
    20210321_155253[1].jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LEAKED! Ugh!!!! :mad:;Punch

Well, I am now waiting on some new bulkheads, gasket material and another fitting. Thank goodness the tank can sustain a bit with just some flow air and heat.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it is April now and I finally got my sump back running. So far so good. I still have to plumb the UV as the first way I plumbed it it did not work well at all. So, try #2. At least my sump is online again. Such a long gap. Display looks rough with lots of red slime, but otherwise faired just fine for the month without a sump basically.

I will clean up the tank, begin a buffering of it (ordered my pack from Mighty Magnets) and will get some nice pictures. Could be a week or more as I cannot do it until week-end (as long as not too much soccer).

So, some of the new maxi minis: I think I have a problem.

ASD 4-3.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back