210g acrylic dream

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could get those and at those crazy prices. Can’t wait for the next update.
Thanks for the great thread, I understand how frustrating it is to lose fish you’ve had a long time for no apparent reason :(

And yes, maxi’s go for USD$100-200 here! The flip side is you can get gorgeous clams from Okinawa for USD$30 And SPS colonies for USD$40-75, so I can’t complain too much...

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I have been neglecting my thread, but for pretty good reason lately. Most things are doing well. I just cannot get my UV up and running due to issues with installation and working.
Work is now over for the next month, so I can get things done.

Now, the real reason, I managed to give myself a concussion. Nasty things. AT the three week point and still have some issues with exposure to sun, too much brain work, exercise. Uhhggg. Slowly getting back to normal.

As I said, all is well. Things are growing, I still battle some GHA. My squammie was FWD yesterday because it is just a bit pinched, so am trying to help it a bit. The rest of the clams are great. Fish are growing, coralline is driving me nuts on the sides of the tank. Corals look good.

I have been concentrating on my traveling tank as I began doing programs this summer again after covid issues. So much fun!. Biota has been great and all my animals are happy and so cool to watch. I you want to see the traveling tank, go to HERE.

Hope to get pictures when I can tolerate the effort. :)

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Denise it’s been a while! Can’t say things have changed much on my end unless you count another surge in cases and extremely slow vaccine rollout. I’m still waiting to go home and get my system set up. I’m sorry to hear about your health, please take care and I hope you fully recover soon. Definitely looking forward to further updates from you.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is doing fine, but today I did a full scrap of coralline and it is a bit foggy to take pictures.

However, fun thing happened yesterday on my 40g. Went down to check it out and feed and such and the clown came up to the surface to see me. So, I put my finger in and began to pet him. He loved it. I fed him a bit and now he just lays there and lets me pet it. Crazy clown.

I also got a huge toadstool from a person taking down their tank. However, during the transfer, it did what leathers do and slimed a lot. I had to cut the trunk off and dip it like 4 times to stop the slime before adding it to a qt tank. It seems better today. I will get pictures when I can.

Still working on getting the UV sterilizers up and running. I swear, the longest install of my life. :)

Just spent way too much at ASD's sale again. I am such an addict!

No new pictures, so here is an old one.

Attachments

• Blue Xenia.jpg
    Blue Xenia.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far today. I did a ton in the tank and leathers take a while to recuperate, but here is a couple shots this am with only T5s on.

My damsel is quite a character.

Attachments

• damsel xenia1a.jpg
    damsel xenia1a.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 41
  • damsel xenia2a.jpg
    damsel xenia2a.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 42
  • damsel xenia3a.jpg
    damsel xenia3a.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 42
  • yellow toadstool2a.jpg
    yellow toadstool2a.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals still not happy, but got a few that were not totally blurry of some of the fish. I really suck at pictures. :)

Attachments

• female clown a.jpg
    female clown a.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 46
  • fish a.jpg
    fish a.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 49
  • yellow tang a.jpg
    yellow tang a.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 48
  • talbot a.jpg
    talbot a.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few more pictures from top down. Again, blurry, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• clovesa.jpg
    clovesa.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 58
  • clown and malu2a.jpg
    clown and malu2a.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 47
  • crocea2a.jpg
    crocea2a.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 50
  • green maximinia.jpg
    green maximinia.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 48
  • green purple maximinia.jpg
    green purple maximinia.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 43
  • maximini groupa.jpg
    maximini groupa.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 47
  • maximinia.jpg
    maximinia.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 44
  • purple maximinia.jpg
    purple maximinia.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 46
  • red purple maximinia.jpg
    red purple maximinia.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 46
  • rock nem2a.jpg
    rock nem2a.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 37
  • rock nema.jpg
    rock nema.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 57
  • wheel maximinia.jpg
    wheel maximinia.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 46

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Super nice!

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clowns are the ORA® Captive-Bred Deluxe Clarkii Clownfish. I got them over a year ago and they have grown into beauties. Very dark black with nice yellow, orange and white. Even a hint of blue in the outline because of the black. So far, they do not even bite. Of course, they have yet to spawn. So, just waiting.
They take such good care of my two malus. Love watching them feed it. :)

My only other clown (DaVinchi) is in my 40g lps tank. Just took to my torch in there after 6 months. :)

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my squammie has been showing signs of minched mantle for a long time. I thought it was the pyramid snails annoying it, then the algae and such on its shell, but I think it much be pinched mantle. I believe this guy was captive bred, but may not have been.
So, one fresh dip did not much, now on second dip. First was 30 min. Second will be 30min.

If no improvement, I will dip and move to a grow out tank with no wild clams. I do however have 5 captive bred babies in the tank that has a shared sump. Really do not want to risk the new babies. So, I may have to separate for a time.

Always something....

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my order from AquaSD. Great stuff. The clam is gorgeous and in qt, the maximinis are in the tank settling and the shrooms and rock nem are settling. Great stuff as always. More pictures to come next week.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some shots of the traveling tank inhabitants. I was using my husbands camera with a macro lens and manual focus, so they are not good, but you can see them anyway.

Attachments

• black belly goby 6g.jpg
    black belly goby 6g.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 40
  • dwarf goby 6g.jpg
    dwarf goby 6g.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Jester in 6g.jpg
    Jester in 6g.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 43
  • mandarin in 6g.jpg
    mandarin in 6g.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 42
  • tree in 6g.jpg
    tree in 6g.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 44
  • ss and crab in 6g.jpg
    ss and crab in 6g.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of mine in grow out or qt. Again, not great shots. Most were to blurry to even look at. :)

Attachments

• Davinchi in torch.jpg
    Davinchi in torch.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 38
  • rics.jpg
    rics.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 46
  • rics2.jpg
    rics2.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 39
  • zoa.jpg
    zoa.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much new today. I will be adding the UV hopefully this week-end. I keep saying that. But, really want to this time. :)

Old photo for fun...

Attachments

• croce 6-11.JPG
    croce 6-11.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally, I have the UV up and running on my 40g/20g frag, grow out tank. What a pain in the butt!
Now, I have to hope I did not kill all the corals and clams as I did some h2o2 for algae and one of my very old corals looks terrible today. I did a huge water change and hope it helps. Man, I have done this before with no issues. Not sure why this time it has caused so much of an issue in the tank. Crazy!

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, here is a big dumb mistake. No lives lost or anything, just annoyance on my part for my family.

So, for the last few days I had noticed my tank would not not balance the overflow and return. Mind you, the return is in my basement, so lots of running up and down came with this issue. It was loud and sucking water, it was overflowing into the emergency drain. Alternating like crazy at weird times, no consistency. Nothing I did on the gate valve would last long.
So, today, I went down to investigate as it was driving me crazy. I had been dealing with the 40g/20g so much that it was not a first priority.
Well, a few days ago, I had put a sponge over my intake to the return strainer. This was because of some debris I was having moving around stuff in the sump. Well, I was suppose to take it off when done messing with stuff. Yep, totally forgot.
This stupid sponge was on for days. It was so clogged, I am surprised it was working at all. So, the tank would gradually fill, then drain, then fill, then drain, oh goodness my husband was ready to drain the tank completely.

So, I removed the sponge, now every thing is almost back to normal. What a dummy. I totally forgot I put it there. I hope my return pump is not too hot and run down. Restricting water in is never a good idea.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 149 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 27.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 34.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 66 26.9%
Back