Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean a ferret could kill a too but it would be more of a equal fight

FeliciaLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup! I look forward to seeing them in the light!
I hope your Fu Manchu ends up being super easy to convert onto frozen like mine was! I thought they were supposed to be one of the more difficult species, but mine took frozen at the LFS without them ever even offering it live food. They were feeding mine silversides from the get go. How easy are cockatoos to convert? About like lions?

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are so friendly! They can't really swim, as they don't have a swim bladder, but they clumsily try to be up with the rest of the fish to greet you. He's not settled in yet, because he is all one color. He will get a white muzzle when he gets more comfy.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been no follow up pictures, as both fish are sick. I suspect I will loose the Fu.

My new avatar is a banner we had made for the business. Now it can be a banner for my tank! Every tank deserves a name and it's own expensive banner. LOL!

r2r.png

FeliciaLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to hear about the new fish. Any idea what's wrong with them? Or they just didn't handle shipping well? Hopefully they surprise you and pull through!

I like the new banner!

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever happened, happened at the store and the Cockatoo passed it on to the Fu. The Cockatoo has acclimated very well.... too well. He's super "friendly" to a point of being a bit of a pain already. Let's label it as being "aggressively friendly". I'm going to cover his tank so I can move around the garage without him going silly.

I don't think the Fu is going to make it. They are in separate tanks now. I moved the Cockatoo last week.

I have a gorgeous 10 foot banner of it from one of the shows, when we had a booth. I should hang it on the porch. LOL! It was this show that weakened my back and set me up for the future downfall.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear about the Fu. :(

That's a nice graphic as well!

FeliciaLynn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the fu manchu. That's really too bad! Those seem to be a bit more sensitive in the beginning when they're still settling it. Maybe it'll make a miraculous recovery. Fingers crossed! Is it still eating?

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's basically no caudal peduncle left. the thing I have circled is a big ole lesion.

there were a couple of ghost shrimp in there that I couldn't get out without stressing the Fu more, so I left them in there when I started the Furan-2 regime.... they're still alive. I definitely would have thought the antibiotics would have killed them.

sickfu.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back