OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's hope this doesn't do my back in. Uncycled tanks are great on the back.

I don't have much hope of him making it.... kind of wish it was the other fella instead O.O

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still alive and DD gave me another week extension on the guarantee. I don't know if I want their cootie booties in with my rare lion, should they pull through.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HA! That's good!

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully I can just remove the drum for now. I emailed them. I don't want to put the fish in there until I solve it, as noise stress is just what he needs while he acclimates..... Ai yi yi.

This is the noise. It's twice within the 12 seconds and it's not a subtle volume.

@Fin , I guess I didn't start a thread, but am talking about it in this thread. I figure quoting the video of the sound was the best way to bring it to you, but I'm talking about it on page 4.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fin , I guess I didn't start a thread, but am talking about it in this thread. I figure quoting the video of the sound was the best way to bring it to you, but I'm talking about it on page 4.
I didn't see a link to the thread, but in my opinion, your drum is jammed by debris that got sucked into it. I think the sound you are hearing is the tab on the bottom of the motor slipping out of the slot on top of the drum and then slamming back into the slot as the motor continues to turn (but the drum does not). The sound brought it back to me. Mine did this the very first day I set it up when the tank was new. I had the 4Way on while I was rearranging the rock. I stirred up some sand and some got sucked into the intake. It was making the same noise as the audio clip. I took it apart, cleaned it out (there was sand in it) and it has worked fine ever since. It may be that you only need to clean it out. Just my opinion.

DSC09679.JPG

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In another couple of weeks it will be 3 months in QT. Quess I should think about moving him over.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4+ months later and he'll be going into the display. I have a Radiata coming, so it's time to give up the QT.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to make some vitamins for the Sphex lionfish, to help him handle the addition. I'm going to be nervous, because it's not like he's easily replaceable.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, he's in. I wonder what he thinks of being in a 210 gallon peninsula versus a 24 gallon cube O.O

Now to get the QT ready for the new guy coming tomorrow.

cokey.jpg

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a cool fish!!!!!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Renee...congrats on getting him in.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's a "sleeper" as far as waspfish go. Kind of a Plain Jane. They make up for it in personality.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*sigh*

The new fish is sick. I was sent yet another sick fish from Diver's Den. They are not "experienced/caring/whatever" enough to noticed that a fish has an unsheathed & cracked spine that was infected. I totally couldn't see it in the WYSIWYG photo when I ordered it from my phone. I NEVER look over their fish THAT well.... it's Diver's Den! I've bought so many fish from them they literally sent me free fish, shipping an dall. Now that I open the picture on my PC, I can see they sent it out this way. I should have learned last time I know, but I thought it was a fluke they sent out a sick fish. That fish again was visibly sick on the WYSIWYG photo and I missed it. Out of the three fish I bought from them since they themselves were bought and sold, two were sent out visibly ill and one died from a horrible infection within two weeks that did not respond to two rounds of antibiotics.

I emailed them and I'm sure they'll take care of it, but there's a point when it doesn't really matter. Excuse me while I go set up yet another hospital tank and get ready for another round of treatments. LOSERS! ARGH!

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The red arrow is pointing to how far down the whole spine is unsheathed(all the way) which ends in a blubbery red infected mess. The blue arrow show how tall that spine should be, were it not cracked off.

sickdoubelarrows.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh sorry. Red was supposed to be the first one. There's no skin on the spine all the way down to the red. The blue shows where the spine should end, but it's only half as long as it should be. The spine is about an inch long and it should be about 2.5-3".

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back