210g Things with Stings

ironeagle2006

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larger Eels are the same way. I was feeding squid to my large SFE one night and he did not realize that he had already gotten his chunk of it and then bit the end of the feeding stick off and swallowed that off. He passed it a couple days later.

ironeagle2006

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The SFE in question at the time he expired a year later after a tornado destroyed the power grid for 4 days during summer in a highly stocked 150 Fowlr was over 27 inches long at his death and 2 inches around. Lets just say massive for a SFE. He at well as I had access thanks to my late FIL who when we went to see him lived 2 blocks from a Oriental Grocer that normally had fresh squid for about 2 bucks a lb fresh octopus for 3 bucks a lb and large head on shrimp for under 4 bucks a lb. He would eat a whole shrimp every 2 days and the tentacles off a squid or octopus once a week the rest of the stuff I fed to the tank.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally found 2 more "Things with Stings" to put in this tank. A new Fu Manchu and a Cockatoo will be here on Tuesday. Time to get some live food and pretty up the QT tanks.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost never got this beast in the house..... 39lbs for 2 fish!
heavy.jpg

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't get the box into the garage where the QT tank is.

Oh the joys of having a messed up back in this hobby. I guess we'll need to figure out a way to do it for future purchases.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Cocokatoo is not as large as I expected. That's nice, because they had him measured at a mature adult size. He's an adult, but not full grown.

I have never seen such bagging in my life. It was like that "Pass the Parcel" game. I cut one bag, then another, then another, then another, I must be to the end soon, nope and another, then another.......

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soo this is kind of funny because I actually have a Cockatoo as in the parrot and so I'm really excited to see what his fish name sake looks like!

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Cocokatoo bird one time too.... I also owned a ferret at the same time. I was going to clean the birds area, so I sat the cage on the floor out of the way. I heard a little tinkle of the bird's bell and didn't think too much of it. When I peaked around the corner, the ferret had knocked it's water dish off and climbed in the cage. :-( Bye Bye Birdie.

You'll get the resemblance when I post a pic :)

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cockatoo or cockatiel? They are usually confused but I don't see that happening with a too.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use to be a really neat fish store in Manhattan Beach called The Fishery. Moved away long time ago so don't know if they are still there.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 160 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back