225 gallon Lee-mar upgrade (in progress)

Karson is a good dude, nice pick up....where did you find your clowns at? They are al really nice....LOL you couldn't pick what ones you wanted so you just bought them all LOL, Baller.... I just picked one up from Tec, I am trying to decide what I want to pair him up with, I think I might try to find a Wyoming White :moneygrubber:. I really would love to come by someday and check out your tank and maybe pick up some frags....:wink:

The snowflakes came from Chris @ aquatic central. He special ordered them for me. PM me if you want to come check out the tank in the future.
 
Wow!!! Too many good things about your build to pick from. I'll just call it inspiring. From the rock work to the stand...very impressive. Congratulation on a job well done.
 
Thanks, are you going to start a tank build? That Lee Mar tank sounds great.
 
I just paid the deposit for the tank yesterday after months of planning. I'm excited about the tank and especially the stand. While your stand raises the bar to a whole new level I am looking forward to getting mine built. I like to think my design is European retro, yet understated with a classic Elos flavor. It's simple but will get the job done.

While I want to do a build log, I have big chunks of travel time coming up that wouldn't make for consistent progress. Worst case, I will probably blog the build and update when I can.
 
very nice there sir

by the way how is your potter wrass doing? is it easy to keep? bc i saw one today at the lfs and was so tempted to get it.
 
I just paid the deposit for the tank yesterday after months of planning. I'm excited about the tank and especially the stand. While your stand raises the bar to a whole new level I am looking forward to getting mine built. I like to think my design is European retro, yet understated with a classic Elos flavor. It's simple but will get the job done.

While I want to do a build log, I have big chunks of travel time coming up that wouldn't make for consistent progress. Worst case, I will probably blog the build and update when I can.
Post a picture up here if you can't find the time with your travel to start your own thread. I would like to see the stand when its finished.

Looking for the containers you bought at tankdepot.com. There are so many to choose from, Ian. Please help.
This is what I got.
Chem-Tainer 100 Gallon Vertical Water Tank (TC2364IW)


very nice there sir

by the way how is your potter wrass doing? is it easy to keep? bc i saw one today at the lfs and was so tempted to get it.
Sadly the potters wrasse disappeared one day a couple months ago. It did great for over a year than one day it was just gone.

looking good..I like your coral selection.
Thanks, just saw your 70g build. Pretty impressive.
 
Thanks BuffaloReef.

Some shots of some new things I added yesterday.
newstuff-March212011copy.jpg


Shot of one mounted, the mp60s push an incredible amount of flow. IMO 1 mp60 > 2 mp40s.
newstuff-March212011-2copy.jpg



Fillamented flasher
newstuff-March212011-3copy.jpg


Purchased as angular flasher
newstuff-March212011-4copy.jpg
 
Haha, we will see. So far all the new additions are doing well and getting along. I may add more wrasses in the future.
 
Haha, we will see. So far all the new additions are doing well and getting along. I may add more wrasses in the future.
how are the SnowFlakes doing? do you plan on keeping them all for a while? that'll be so awesome if they all get along when they're older. :)
 
So far great. They are growing for sure. I can't wait for the to get bigger.
 
submale nahacky's
long fin fairy
pylei male and submale
mckoskers
+ the 4 I just got

Here is a shot of the pylei today flashing
pylei-March252011copy.jpg
 
First Video with my new camera.

[video=youtube;Ea3g1cWsX6E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea3g1cWsX6E[/video]
 
Sweet video! That Achilles Tang is Sharp! I'm extremely tempted to get one. Keep up the great work, buddy. :D

Sonny
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new