24 hour 2 part dosing?

DipSpit

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2016
Messages
296
Reaction score
222
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current 2-part dosing schedule splits Alkalinity and Calcium into 2 separate times utilizing the Reeftronics program generator to program my Apex and BRS 1.1 mL peristaltic pumps.

I dose 60ml of Alkalinity over the course of 12 hours from midnight to 1200 - my logic being to help buffer the inevitable nightly pH drop.

Calcium doses from 1300 to 2300.

I split them up like this to avoid even the possibility of combination and precipitation.

Would it be better to dose each over 24 hours but have, Alkalinity dose on the hour Calcium dose on the 30's?

Does it matter? Would there be any benefit of a longer dosing period?

Thanks for any input!
 
I guess I'll just continue on the way I am doing it now until I can find an argument in reading or advice against it.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new