24" t5/led retro with ai prime?

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2017
Messages
1,133
Reaction score
636
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about the possibility of adding two t5 bulbs to my fluval EVO to get better spread. I currently am running an AI prime hd+ on the tank, and was wondering if anyone knows of a 24" fixture that holds the prime in between the two bulbs?

I'm slightly worried that I'm not able to get the par numbers that my corals need from the prime without frying everything directly underneath it.
bb205030135b0a645a510c1f3c7587d0.jpg
244da474e64caf9f5a7ef2d5e63ce2b4.jpg
 
https://www.marinedepot.com/Hybrid_...D_Lighting-AquaticLife-AK01504-FILTHO-vi.html

My tank is only 12" wide, but this fixture is 18" wide... I think that's too far outside of the glass (3" on each side?)

I wish there was a retrofit kit for the AI with one bulb on each side.

Also thinking about building a floating hood which would be supported by support boards off the back of the stand, which will hold the canopy up/over the tank. A little concerned about the weight at the front of the tank though, and i'd like to avoid having support posts at the front of the tank/stand.

Could use something like this to add in to a canopy

https://www.amazon.com/2-Pack-Grow-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6TH7CMAJ9394KED35MKT



Or

I could just try to trade my AI Prime HD + for a Hydra 26 by throwing in some cash?

Then if I could mount the hydra parallel to the tank, i'd get much better spread.

I know it all seems crazy for a 13.5 gallon tank... I know =O
 
Aquatic Life has something similar 24" Hybrid t5ho fixture that I believe can fit the AI Prime in the middle :
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/24-h...re-with-led-mounting-system-aquatic-life.html

It might be over kill imo.

Yeah BRS has been out of stock for a while with that fixture - I am going to get a second AI Prime [non HD though] from another forum member locally, and find a way to mount both of them over my tank.

Then in the future, I can upgrade to a T5/LED hybrid or something on a larger tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new