25 gallon tank cycle

optimusprime199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting a new tank cycle however I’m kinda confused as to what to do next I have added turbo 900 bacteria and purchased Dr Tim’s ammonia but I don’t know how much to dose the bottle says 4 drops per gallon after sand an aquascape I’m at exactly 20 gallons of water how much ammonia to put in? Still the regular 4 drops per gallon?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting a new tank cycle however I’m kinda confused as to what to do next I have added turbo 900 bacteria and purchased Dr Tim’s ammonia but I don’t know how much to dose the bottle says 4 drops per gallon after sand an aquascape I’m at exactly 20 gallons of water how much ammonia to put in? Still the regular 4 drops per gallon?
4x20=80 drops.

Or if you have a syringe it’s 4mls.

Upvote 0

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it should be 4 drops per actual gallon of water. Though some people have found that they dosed more/less than that, even when they measured the exact volume of water in their tank.

Mainly it's just about reaching 2ppm ammonia, so one way to do it is just to add in steps of 10 or whatever and measure what the ammonia is, until it reaches 2ppm. Counting how many drops total you've added, of course. So next time you want exactly 2ppm for your aquarium, you just need to add however many drops you've added.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

optimusprime199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it should be 4 drops per actual gallon of water. Though some people have found that they dosed more/less than that, even when they measured the exact volume of water in their tank.

Mainly it's just about reaching 2ppm ammonia, so one way to do it is just to add in steps of 10 or whatever and measure what the ammonia is, until it reaches 2ppm. Counting how many drops total you've added, of course. So next time you want exactly 2ppm for your aquarium, you just need to add however many drops you've added.
So don’t do 80 drops all at one or can I just send it???

Upvote 0

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So don’t do 80 drops all at one or can I just send it???
In my first try I dosed the right amount from the start and found that I did not quite get 2ppm. So I do quite believe others who said they ended up with higher or lower concentrations of ammonia than 2ppm when following the instructions to a tee.

So yeah, I would suggest not 80 drops all at once. I would suggest say 40 drops, then give it like ten minutes or half an hour or whatever and test your water, then if you need to adjust how many more drops you would need to get to 2ppm, if needed.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

optimusprime199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my first try I dosed the right amount from the start and found that I did not quite get 2ppm. So I do quite believe others who said they ended up with higher or lower concentrations of ammonia than 2ppm when following the instructions to a tee.

So yeah, I would suggest not 80 drops all at once. I would suggest say 40 drops, then give it like ten minutes or half an hour or whatever and test your water, then if you need to adjust how many more drops you would need to get to 2ppm, if needed.
Ahhh okay thank you capt! Thanks for the speedy response it’s much appreciated!!

Upvote 0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back