25 Nuvo build chips in glass

rubensreef26

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
warner robins
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Nuvo 25 tanks previous owner had them drilled with eshopps eclipse s

I plan on filling these small chips with epoxy or some kind of gorilla glue for safety or more reinforcement. Ideally I’d like to have them plumbed into the same sump if possible

Also if anyone has suggestions for almost invisible silicone for resealing purposes that would look good in a rimless set up.

First pics of side the top a of one tank

Can these tanks be saved any suggestions

IMG_8972.jpeg IMG_8971.jpeg IMG_8970.jpeg IMG_8969.jpeg IMG_8966.jpeg IMG_8965.jpeg IMG_8964.jpeg IMG_8967.jpeg IMG_8968.jpeg
 
You’re going to fill these with fish and coral, probably $1000s, over hundreds of hours, and always have the risk of the tanks popping a leak.

If I was you, I would be purchasing the tanks new, or looking for a used tank that’s in better condition.

Is it really worth the risk?
 
A $250 (new) tank that has chips all over the place? No thanks. I would cut your losses. I don't understand taking an AIO of that size and trying to make it compatible with a sump. It would be cheaper to buy a 40 gallon breeder and drill it for an overflow.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

#WelcometoR2R

I can tell that you have a tank(s) that is an older one, the give-a-way is the IM sticker on the tank. The newer tanks have the IM logo etched in the glass, not a sticker.

I agree with the above replies, these tanks don't seem like a good idea to me. They seem old and damaged, and I don't know why people want to drill small AIO's for a sump; it's not worth the hassle. Unless this is an IM from back when they had some non-AIO tanks, which would again mean these tanks are pretty old.

You could try adding some type of epoxy to those scratches, but you won't be able to repair them.

There's no invisible silicon, just regular clear or black. It's also not a great idea to just reseal the inside of a tank, it's best to completely separate the glass panels and more or less rebuild the tank, which can be difficult if you're not setup for that kind of work.

I'm sorry to say that I too would be looking for a new tank, or at least a better deal on a used tank in better condition.

Good luck!
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new