Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok where do I get this stuff ? I will buy another tomorrow. I have plenty of power heads and can easily take out the water. Poor baby!!! Gosh everyone's getting sick and my tank is reading great. Just did another water change. I took a screen shot of the meds. Just need to know where they offer it. Should I treat all the fish since he had it??
As far as treating all the fish..you could but that would take a larger tank and I didn't with mine unless they needed it. If there not sick just watch them as you already do and treat as you need to. It causes stress to move them and it could be isolated. That's what I would do. You just can't put treatment Chems in with your corals. If you do have another get sick then you'll know it's an outbreak and all need treatment.

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks guys!! You all are the best. Taking him to vet in the morning. They have one for exotic animals and fish. He's been sick for a week so I don't want to lose any time. He was my first and he's my baby. He won't eat. :(

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks guys!! You all are the best. Taking him to vet in the morning. They have one for exotic animals and fish. He's been sick for a week so I don't want to lose any time. He was my first and he's my baby. He won't eat. :(
Yeah that's the best if it's not eating

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know - what can I do to get him to eat? Offered shrimp, krill, phyto, garlic, flakes and pellets. ( one of each) he wouldn't take anything. Swims up to it and then swims away

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True percula in Arlington has live black worms, closest I have found to me (HEB) usually has in Stock, I call first

What kind of shrimp? Tried PE mysis shrimp, they're extra stinky. My fish all love the calanus that is available in the double pack with the mysis.
Also, could try rods food reef
frenzy or LRS.
Rods and pe mysis are available at DNA
Frank's tanks in fort worth stocks LRS

Edit to add true percula stocks all the seachem meds usually, metroplex, kana plex, focus. DNA also has a decent med section as well

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's lrs? Let me call the aquarium places. No HEBs out here. Only saw them in Houston. :( I'll call and ask for the worms around town too. Thanks guys. You probably are as good or better than vets. Your checks are in the mail ;)

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this was mentioned but I've read that adding garlic guard to the food will sometimes get sick or finicky fish to eat. Just a thought:) good luck

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's lrs? Let me call the aquarium places. No HEBs out here. Only saw them in Houston. :( I'll call and ask for the worms around town too. Thanks guys. You probably are as good or better than vets. Your checks are in the mail ;)
Hurst euless bedford = HEB
LRS Larry's reef services brand of food

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larrys reef service i think the s might be different. But its one of the better food made out there and distributed a lot

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's it going with Joe?

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been driving half way around the world :( the one place didn't have what we needed. Just full tank dose, no worms. Others were closed or the medicine was from China and read not to use those. I've come home now to work on offers and the man is out hunting down more stores. I did soak some shrimp in garlic one more time ( but longer) and joe finally ate. His front tummy looks swollen so I'm guessing it's full of worms or joe is a Joy and about to have babies. He's perked up a bit but more of his fins and sides are turning white. Got 5 gallons RO water ready for when they get back so I can treat him. Here's also a updated pic of Tre. There was a big ball of brown stuff on her. Think it was poo. Removed a whole bodies worth of shedding off her.

image.jpg

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been driving half way around the world :( the one place didn't have what we needed. Just full tank dose, no worms. Others were closed or the medicine was from China and read not to use those. I've come home now to work on offers and the man is out hunting down more stores. I did soak some shrimp in garlic one more time ( but longer) and joe finally ate. His front tummy looks swollen so I'm guessing it's full of worms or joe is a Joy and about to have babies. He's perked up a bit but more of his fins and sides are turning white. Got 5 gallons RO water ready for when they get back so I can treat him. Here's also a updated pic of Tre. There was a big ball of brown stuff on her. Think it was poo. Removed a whole bodies worth of shedding off her.

image.jpg
It's good that he ate that'll help when you're treating, he'll get the meds in quicker to kill parasites and I think your nem is looking better!

OP
OP
RealtyBoss

RealtyBoss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear it changes with her every hour. She'll turn brown - then deflate- then she'd goo and flesh everywhere- then she'll look swollen and huge bubbles - then they're flat tentacles, then a ball, then open , then guts pouring out , then perfect and so on and so forth. If I have to I'll just let her live in the basket forever. :)

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's working which it appears
to be then I agree don't change it yet..she'll recover and you can put him/her in the tank later and know you went all out to get her healthy! I think you've done a really good job!

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear it changes with her every hour. She'll turn brown - then deflate- then she'd goo and flesh everywhere- then she'll look swollen and huge bubbles - then they're flat tentacles, then a ball, then open , then guts pouring out , then perfect and so on and so forth. If I have to I'll just let her live in the basket forever. :)
Keep her in for as long as he needs

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back