- Joined
- May 17, 2011
- Messages
- 227
- Reaction score
- 136
- Location
- Lake Mary, FL
- What state or country do you live in
- Florida
I appreciate the feedback on the other thread, but I had no idea how to change the title, so I just figured I would start a new build thread... So here goes...
We have started the build of our new 253+ Deep Dimension build and figured I would start a build thread for it. So lets start with some details.
Tank: 60L x 36W x 27H, Starfire on three sides, with a coast to coast overflow. Will have two 1.25" drains and two 1" returns, but I may add a third.
Pump: Reeflo Hammerhead running the tank, frag tank, and two reactors. Why such a big pump? See below. :)
Sump: 48L x 30W x 20H with a running volume of 71.4G, and a total volume of 124G. Should give me plenty of capacity. Sump and frag tank will be setup in a remote fish room that I will be building during this project.
Fish Room: 10' x 5', Not a large room, but should work out pretty good. The room is located approx. 63' away form the tank. Hence the big pump, I just hope its big enough!
Ok, enough about that lets get on with it... We are taking delivery of the tank on 23rd (next Thurs) so I have a lot of work to do.
I will be updating this thread as much as I can, and try to remember to take pics..
If anyone has any question, or see me doing something wrong, please let me know... :)
Here are some starter pictures, enjoy..
Tank....
Here is a drawing of my distances.
Here is where the "fish room" will be. I have a few things to move...
Getting dirty..
Making progress..
Will finish all the underground tomorrow, move the softner, and hopefully get the form work up for the slab. With any luck, I will be putting the slab down on Saturday, we will see...
Jack
We have started the build of our new 253+ Deep Dimension build and figured I would start a build thread for it. So lets start with some details.
Tank: 60L x 36W x 27H, Starfire on three sides, with a coast to coast overflow. Will have two 1.25" drains and two 1" returns, but I may add a third.
Pump: Reeflo Hammerhead running the tank, frag tank, and two reactors. Why such a big pump? See below. :)
Sump: 48L x 30W x 20H with a running volume of 71.4G, and a total volume of 124G. Should give me plenty of capacity. Sump and frag tank will be setup in a remote fish room that I will be building during this project.
Fish Room: 10' x 5', Not a large room, but should work out pretty good. The room is located approx. 63' away form the tank. Hence the big pump, I just hope its big enough!
Ok, enough about that lets get on with it... We are taking delivery of the tank on 23rd (next Thurs) so I have a lot of work to do.
I will be updating this thread as much as I can, and try to remember to take pics..
If anyone has any question, or see me doing something wrong, please let me know... :)
Here are some starter pictures, enjoy..
Tank....
Here is a drawing of my distances.
Here is where the "fish room" will be. I have a few things to move...
Getting dirty..
Making progress..
Will finish all the underground tomorrow, move the softner, and hopefully get the form work up for the slab. With any luck, I will be putting the slab down on Saturday, we will see...
Jack
