View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW
The things we'll do to keep salt in a glass box
Best of wishes. Cool project.

You ain't kidding.

Awesome work man... It's great that you're not just slapping stuff together and planning a properly built system..

rybitski

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be insulating the pipes just for a little extra piece of mind.

Thanks again,

Jack
Sounds good, it will probably help on your electricity bill as well since your heater will not have to work as hard. Very excited to see how this turns out! I love the in progress pictures, keep them coming.

OP
OP
Boostable

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, been a couple days since I update. As I mentioned earlier I took delivery of the tank and stand today. So here are a few pics of the new setup. It is currently in my garage filled with fresh water for a little testing. The pics are not that great, but here you go... enjoy.

DSC_0928.JPG

DSC_0929.JPG

DSC_0933.JPG

DSC_0940.JPG

Jack

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good, these are the best threads, I love them. Just a pia to do with the camara and log book. I have a 60'x26' addittion that Im building for my 1200g total system soon. Would love to do a thread but its a lot of work

OP
OP
Boostable

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... a quick update.

I thought I would post a few pics of the CAD work that I am using to for the build, and then follow them with some actually build shots..

Plumbing all capped up for pressure testing.
DSC_0943.JPG

Overview of the entire project... of course the rear wall is existing.
cad1.jpg

Front Wall..
cad2.jpg

Side Wall..
cad3.jpg

Overview..
cad4.jpg

Finished..
cad5.jpg

Kicking it off...
DSC_0945.JPG

Front wall up..
DSC_0948.JPG

Side wall in.. and test fitting window..
DSC_0950.JPG

That's all I could get done today. Storms started to move it. I hope to get the roof on tomorrow and then dry everything in before the rain sets in again.

Enjoy..

Jack

Tequilero

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet build my man. Can't wait to snake some ideas once you finish the fish room.

Have you seen those solar fans for the roof? Just an idea cause it gets warm in my fish room. Yeah it's not connected to my ac.

OP
OP
Boostable

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have... thought about putting one up there, but I will have an AC Unit for the room so it should be good to go. But I am considering using solar in another way.. :) stay tuned!

OP
OP
Boostable

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another quick update. Didn't get everything I wanted to get done today, but made some pretty good progress. Should have 90% of the "construction" portion done tomorrow, and then I can work on the finish work and the electrical.

Sorry I don't have any in progress shots, I was ******* it today to get it dried in before the rain came.

DSC_0951.JPG

See that nice gap above the door!!! Measure twice cut once... lol some how the 82 1/2 opening upded up at 86 1/2.. I have no idea how that happened.. LOL O well, will redo the header tomorrow.
DSC_0952.JPG

Roof is dried in.. Drip cap and shingles and she's done.
DSC_0953.JPG

That's it for now. More to come.

Jack

OP
OP
Boostable

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took the day off on the fish room as the weather was going to be pretty crappy, so I focused on getting some work done on tank. Managed to drill the overflow holes, move the current 120, and get the new stand inside. Here are a few pics I snapped along the way....

Enjoy..

I used a scrape piece of acrylic I had and predrilled it with the correct hole size to use as a guide. Worked like a champ!
DSC_0963.JPG

DSC_0954.JPG

1" on the left, and 1.5" on the right.. big difference.
DSC_0955.JPG

This is just a cool shot... you can see the hole drilled half way through the glass.
DSC_0957.JPG

Donuts anyone? As you can see I enlarged the holes form 1" to 1.5"
DSC_0964.JPG

All done... four brand new 1.5" bulk heads installed and ready to go.
DSC_0960.JPG

DSC_0961.JPG

On to the next project.... Moving the 120G across the room.
DSC_0967.JPG

Using my new frag tank to hold the water for the move.
DSC_0968.JPG

And done!!!! Took about 30 mins... and I don't care how much water you take out these suckers are still heavy! Had a few rocks fall down, but nothing major.
DSC_0970.JPG

Last but not least, I moved the new stand it to start getting things sized up.
DSC_0972.JPG

One last pic for the road, I snapped a quick shot of the Nano as I was walking by.. .all this will be moving over to the new tank as well..
DSC_0966.JPG

Enjoy...

Jack

OP
OP
Boostable

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so wanted to update this thread yesturday, but I was just plain wore out!! Was a busy day as we setup the new tank and tore down the old tank. The 120 is completely down now and all or most of the stuff has been moved over.

I do not have the fish room up and running yet, and I am running a temp in stand sump to get things going. Will continue to work on getting the fish room finished and get the permanent setup running.

I still have a lot of scape work to do, but here are some shots to bring it up to date.

Tank all in and sand read for water!
DSC_0975.JPG

Moved over 100G of water form the old tank, as well as added in some live said to make sure the tank it ready to go.
DSC_0976.JPG

Almost full... Moving over a few pieces so I can try and catch my fish... Always fun.
DSC_0978.JPG

DSC_0980.JPG

Moved the lights over.
DSC_0981.JPG

80% moved over...
DSC_0984.JPG

100% moved, and started some scape work... long way to go.
DSC_0986.JPG

DSC_0988.JPG

Enjoy,

Jack

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoyed the thread so far so good man absolutely a fantastic build from the tank specs to the fish room and can't forget about that marriott lookin sump lol best of luck on your new tank will enjoy taggin along on this build

OP
OP
Boostable

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys... been a lot of fun.. and a lot of work with still more to come.. :) Im moving more stuff into the tank today, and will try to get a couple of current shots later today.

Jack

OP
OP
Boostable

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK.. Been a little while since my last update but that does not mean we have not been making progress. **** job keeps slowing me down!! Anyway, the fish room is 90% done externally. Wire lath is all up, and I just need to stucco and paint it to be officially done on the outside! Inside I still need to insulate it but thats no biggie.

I have started on my sump and I made a few changes and took the fuge out of the sump and will be running a seperate unit for that. This way I can keep the sump for filtration, skimmer and other equipment. It should also allow me to have more flexability in the amount of flow I can push through it safely.

With out further ado, let the pics begin.

Current room shots as she sits now.
DSC_1096.JPG

DSC_1095.JPG

Couple of inside shots, nothing glamorous!!

Sump goes here!!
DSC_1097.JPG

DSC_1098.JPG

New pump that will run it all!!! (Thanks Andrew!!)

Dropping the Hammer!!!
DSC_1094.JPG

DSC_1093.JPG

Sump build has begun.

Here is the new sump layout. Very simple, yet effective!! Im trying something new for the skimmer exit. We will see how it works out.
HC%252520Sump.jpg

250DD%252520Sump%252520-%252520RevC.jpg

In progress:
DSC_1100.JPG

DSC_1101.JPG

DSC_1103.JPG

Here is a quick tank shot. Still very disorganized, but I don't want to place anything permanent until the setup is complete. It gives you idea of the depth of the tank. Everything is very happy and has room to spread out.

DSC_1070.JPG

Also, here is a cool new inhabitant that I picked up a week or so ago. Very cool fish for sure. BTW, my 12yr old daughter took these shots.. not to bad!!

DSC_1082.JPG

DSC_1081.JPG

That's it for now. More to come.....

Jack

Back