Lebski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I have just started my 25g long nano reef tank. The tank has cycled for 2 and a half months and water quality is great and I have just added a small yellow watchman goby. 1 purple firefish. 1 forestfire branching montipora frag and an encrusting Hollywood stunner frag. (The coral frags were gifts and was told they are pretty hardy)

I would like to get a couple more fish for the tank in a month or two. I would preferably like more confident open swimmers that won’t bother my purple firefish.

I would like to get two black and white clowns (ocellaris or percula) eventually but don’t want anything more aggressive than these and would be looking to add them last after about 6 months. (No anemone as my tank is too small and would like to get a couple more corals)

I was initially looking at a possum wrasse or pink streaked but my tank is a bit small for them unfortunately. I’ve also been interested in various blenies but would hate to see one kill my watchman or vice versa.

I would also like an algae grazer/pest killer.

Sorry I know I’m asking a lot but just want to avoid any blood on my hands. Any suggestions would be great thanks!!

Neros503

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pair of clownfish is always great to have. Also, maybe a small wrasse for a pest killer. i'm not sure about the blenny and goby together. just keep in mind that it's a small tank and you probably shouldn't have more than 5 smaller fish.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lebski

Lebski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks for the advice neros. The clowns are a definite for me as for me they make a reef tank the plan was to max stock 5-6 and test my water every week. As for the wrasse do you think tank a pink streaked would be okay in the tank? As I have read that they can become a bit aggressive even though they are shy at first. Could potentially a royal grammar, the two clowns and maybe some form of invert/s be a viable option for pest control?

Upvote 0

Neros503

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks for the advice neros. The clowns are a definite for me as for me they make a reef tank the plan was to max stock 5-6 and test my water every week. As for the wrasse do you think tank a pink streaked would be okay in the tank? As I have read that they can become a bit aggressive even though they are shy at first. Could potentially a royal grammar, the two clowns and maybe some form of invert/s be a viable option for pest control?
I'm not sure about the wrasse. I was recently informed that even though they're small, they still need a larger tank. As for the gramma, I think that would be a great fish to add, although I'm not 100% confident that they're compatible with firefish. Also cleaner shrimp are always fun to have.

Upvote 0
Back