29 Gallon Bio Cube Mods

drblakjak55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought the Oceanic 29 as a hospital tank 18 months ago. Fully running with return pump, hood and the lights and nice stand 110$ Sand, old coral from around the house. A couple wrasses as canary fish. A giant Welso who seems to love the crappy lights. Water change six gallons every two weeks. Like the slip in filter cartridges. Wash em every few days and last a good month. A little filter floss quiets down the flow.
Never thought of taking the hood off for better lighting.......

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bought the Oceanic 29 as a hospital tank 18 months ago. Fully running with return pump, hood and the lights and nice stand 110$ Sand, old coral from around the house. A couple wrasses as canary fish. A giant Welso who seems to love the crappy lights. Water change six gallons every two weeks. Like the slip in filter cartridges. Wash em every few days and last a good month. A little filter floss quiets down the flow.
Never thought of taking the hood off for better lighting.......
My corals love my crappy lighting

smoothmove

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I downsized from an 80 rimless to a craigslist 29 Oceanic Biocube due to a move. I made it rimless, made a Fiji water bottle protein skimmer with a Red Devil SP3 needle wheel pump and a Kessil A360W light. So far, I like it. I use polypad and carbon. Water changes are easier now with 25% weekly. 30 lbs of Natures Ocean reef sand for the bottom. I don't have a long term eval.

I do recommend the Kessil.

ReefersDelite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when my 29 was up i had 2 ai primes, e-shopps nano skimmer, in-tank media basket, Smart ATO and GFO/Carbon Reactor. Now that I moved everything (except my media basket) over to my 45AIO its bare boned with the hood and CPF lights. Im going to be putting a small China Box LED in the hood to replace the CPF lights.

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
29 Oceanic, No HD AI Prime running this lighting schedule http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/, Icecap Gyre 1K, MJ 900 return pump. CPR Aquatics Bakpak2 skimmer. big frag rack on front glass.

BioCube.jpg

U

User1

View Badges
29 Oceanic, No HD AI Prime running this lighting schedule http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/, Icecap Gyre 1K, MJ 900 return pump. CPR Aquatics Bakpak2 skimmer. big frag rack on front glass.

BioCube.jpg
Looks good. Also great skimmer. I have one and it worked amazingly well on my 40 breeder. That is what I ended up merging mr 2 bio cubes to. Now it is saved for later or an emergency isolation tank.

Drumbum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping to resurrect this thread with a total Nube question.
I have a 29 biocube, not sure which brand, i got it used. It has the rimless mod.
I would like to lower the water level/ height, in the display. I'm running a rio 600hf.
If i lower the overflow between chambers 1 and 2, will that lower the display level as well? Equally?
I understand the return pump dictates height usually, but was wondering in the AIO if that would also lower the display level.
I would like the display level a little lower running it rimless.
Thanks!!

Drumbum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping to resurrect this thread with a total Nube question.
I have a 29 biocube, not sure which brand, i got it used. It has the rimless mod.
I would like to lower the water level/ height, in the display. I'm running a rio 600hf.
If i lower the overflow between chambers 1 and 2, will that lower the display level as well? Equally?
I understand the return pump dictates height usually, but was wondering in the AIO if that would also lower the display level.
I would like the display level a little lower running it rimless.
Thanks!!
Here's a crappy phone pic showing that its around 3/4" from the top and gets closer in front where the surface is agitated.
20200505_175154.jpg

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pull the hood off and run a Ecotch radion gen5 pro, I also run a Santa Monica drop.6 scrubber, Biocube scrubber v2 which is night and day difference from v1 that did nothing. Poly filter pad with stock bioballs.

Drumbum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pull the hood off and run a Ecotch radion gen5 pro, I also run a Santa Monica drop.6 scrubber, Biocube scrubber v2 which is night and day difference from v1 that did nothing. Poly filter pad with stock bioballs.
I'm not sure you read my question, unless you're replying to the much older questions. If so, my mistake.
I was asking if the overflow mod will lower the waterlevel in the display.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure you read my question, unless you're replying to the much older questions. If so, my mistake.
I was responding to older questions.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Somehow, im thinking, if you reduce return pump flow water will fill the sump area more, reducing the water height. best way to find out is to try reducing outflow and see what happens to level

Drumbum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somehow, im thinking, if you reduce return pump flow water will fill the sump area more, reducing the water height. best way to find out is to try reducing outflow and see what happens to level
Thanks vetteguy!
I agree with that. My hope is to find a way without decreasing my flow. I am using a reefbreeders rp-m on the overflow wall. Its awesome! But increasing the flow of the rpm in a tank this size will blow the water out of it lol. I currently run it at just over 10% capacity.

Back