29g Bio

Benny- any way we might could convince you to share build plans on your LED mod? I took and ambien the other nite and woke up to a purchase of one of these 29G Biocubes. Might have been a drug induced purchase, but I'm gonna run with it. Any advice on the DIY LED you did and any other mods with this little booger would be appreciated. Already trying to figure out how I'm going to turn it into a trickle type filter with a cheto refuge in it. Also wondering about skim or not to skim and of course exactly what level of SPS and LPS we can keep in there. The wife has already claimed space for a RTBA and pair of clowns and some zoas.


love it!

any reason you're straying away from the retrofit type? just curious. i recently modified my nano's hood with leds using a retrofit heat sink and a custom blend of dimmable leds, and it has been working out fantastically while allowing me to keep the tank 100% covered (ideal for the fish i'm keeping).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new