3 Clams in a Row die within 24 hours

U

User1

View Badges
Already been said - don't buy clams from LA/DD. PacEast is the goto source. Most threads with success lead there. That would be my recommendation. It is also the source I'll be ordering from.

OP
OP
Derrick Picker

Derrick Picker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding corals/fish/other inverts are there any places to avoid as well? I have been very happy with all my fish purchases from them over the years.

Sketta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, I purchased two maxima clams from Live Aquaria or at least that's what I ordered but not what I recieved anyway they both died within a week and a couple days later my actual maxima that I'd had for awhile also died Now it's making sense and I thought I had done something wrong

OP
OP
Derrick Picker

Derrick Picker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased 2 clams from Pacific East Aquaculture last week. They both arrived and are doing great. Did not die in a day like the rest I have got from Divers Den. Not sure what is going on there. Until they fix it I would avoid it. Never had a single issue with corals or fish from them though.

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased 2 clams from Pacific East Aquaculture last week. They both arrived and are doing great. Did not die in a day like the rest I have got from Divers Den. Not sure what is going on there. Until they fix it I would avoid it. Never had a single issue with corals or fish from them though.
I had 2 clams from PEA and the both died within a week of each other, in a tank full of high end sps. Not sure of the cause ...?

chowwil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of my experiences...gash in the side of the sailfin tang, bags not sealed properly - all fish DOA, clam looks like it had been dead in the bag for a couple of days...bsa
LA Sailfin.jpg
LA Box2.jpg
LA DOA Cocos Maxima Clam2 Mar 30 2018.jpg
I had the same issue, box arrived in different box and in the box was the original box in a plastic bag with water leaking out of it.

FlyPenFly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 2 clams from PEA and the both died within a week of each other, in a tank full of high end sps. Not sure of the cause ...?

Well that's extremely disheartening. Btw, I had 3 healthy clams and then got a giant from Aquatic Wharehouse (DOH!) and that's what spread some mystery disease and killed all my clams. :(

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back