bGYjnb4.jpg

TsqJnuL.jpg

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always such a beautiful tank! And congrats on the Trident. I'm still pondering that purchase.

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this tank still in your cubicle? I wonder what would happen if I requested a tank in my cubicle haha. When do you do your maintenance? early morning or late evening?

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this tank still in your cubicle? I wonder what would happen if I requested a tank in my cubicle haha. When do you do your maintenance? early morning or late evening?

This current tank is no longer in my cubicle. This upgrade was planned to replace the tank that WAS in my cubicle but after setting this all up and leak testing it, it was so nice I just decided to transfer everything home.

When it was at work I did all of my maintanence right after my shift ended around 5pm. Now that I have 2 kids I try to get home right away to have dinner and spend time with them before they go to bed. This current tank is in the basement of our house which is now my "home office" It gets maintanence done around 10pm-2am depending on my mood :p

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This current tank is no longer in my cubicle. This upgrade was planned to replace the tank that WAS in my cubicle but after setting this all up and leak testing it, it was so nice I just decided to transfer everything home.

When it was at work I did all of my maintanence right after my shift ended around 5pm. Now that I have 2 kids I try to get home right away to have dinner and spend time with them before they go to bed. This current tank is in the basement of our house which is now my "home office" It gets maintanence done around 10pm-2am depending on my mood :p
Jeez how do you run on no sleep

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, wow, late night tank maintenance can be a zen experience, but after a long day or work and family it can be a pain!

My tanks are in my home office, and I mostly work from home, so I see them all week. However, I try to work on them over the weekend when I can, so I can just enjoy them, and feed, during the week. Doesn't always work out though...as having them right there I'm constantly tempted to get up and tweak something...

Great tank BTW, very clean and everyone looks happy!

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your build is such a inspiration. Thank you for all the information. Huge fan.

Thank you!

Yeah, wow, late night tank maintenance can be a zen experience, but after a long day or work and family it can be a pain!

My tanks are in my home office, and I mostly work from home, so I see them all week. However, I try to work on them over the weekend when I can, so I can just enjoy them, and feed, during the week. Doesn't always work out though...as having them right there I'm constantly tempted to get up and tweak something...

Great tank BTW, very clean and everyone looks happy!

It can be very zenlike. The kids and wife go to bed and I can focus on the tank by myself without interruption. However recently I've become very hands off with the tank. I havent done a water change in over a month or changed carbon. I've swapped filter socks once or twice and clean the skimmer cup and just with that the corals have a bit more color and growth. I can tell because I've bumped my Alk and Ca from around 7ml a month ago up to 10ml/day and my levels are still staying stable.

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to try a little experiment for a few days/weeks. I have amazing coloration from the top but looking straight into the tank shows pale coloration or die off. Im going to keep the light pointing at the fronts of corals for awhile and then I'll move it back up to its normal hanging position every so often to keep the same color and growth form.

trp6vkah.jpg

jLmytRxh.jpg

yaHezZ1h.jpg

janwkW9h.jpg

Jpt4lgOh.jpg

ZMFkcuVh.jpg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to try a little experiment for a few days/weeks. I have amazing coloration from the top but looking straight into the tank shows pale coloration or die off. Im going to keep the light pointing at the fronts of corals for awhile and then I'll move it back up to its normal hanging position every so often to keep the same color and growth form.

trp6vkah.jpg

jLmytRxh.jpg

yaHezZ1h.jpg

janwkW9h.jpg

Jpt4lgOh.jpg

ZMFkcuVh.jpg

Adding a second lamp, kind of inclinated would be a good option as well.
I am curious to see the result of your experiment.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back