OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm in the middle of building out my new tank and I haven't put together a wish list yet for the livestock. I had ruled out dwarf angels as I want to maintain a few clams in the new tank but I think I saw that you had a clam in your old tank along with the Venustus Angelfish? Can you talk a bit about how this fish behaves in regards to its habbits with corals, clams, inverts etc. I'm in love with this fish and it quickly went to the top of my list! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Ditto!!! Have been on the fence about getting myself one of these fish for awhile.

The venustus is a great smaller angelfish to have. It hasnt been nipping at corals or clams that Ive seen (I however dont have any clams anymore, I believe it past away from other reasons).

Just really make sure you buy from a reputable store or online seller. I bought mine from LiveAquarias Divers Den and it had already been conditioned to eat mysis and most dry foods. The main reason many people are unsuccessful in keeping this fish it its poor transition and adjustment to aquarium life.

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The venustus is a great smaller angelfish to have. It hasnt been nipping at corals or clams that Ive seen (I however dont have any clams anymore, I believe it past away from other reasons).

Just really make sure you buy from a reputable store or online seller. I bought mine from LiveAquarias Divers Den and it had already been conditioned to eat mysis and most dry foods. The main reason many people are unsuccessful in keeping this fish it its poor transition and adjustment to aquarium life.

Thank you !! [emoji5]

About how large is your angel / was it much smaller when you got it?

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some new Black Walnut lids from Dave @ Nanoboxreef over the holiday so I had to swap them out and take some new pictures.

kmGqlEe.jpg

fcoRKWi.jpg

TtBT6xB.jpg

5bIgOZY.jpg

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How are they with acans?

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the COR doing?

Still pumping right along. I like the ability to easily put it in feed mode from the control box as well as shut it off (without unplugging anything, or going into fusion) to do water changes and other maintenance.

The ability to program in your own ramps, adjust speed based on optical sensor or flow sensors has been great.

My tank has a really strange restart system due to it running a siphon overflow with no overflow box. The siphon usually takes a few seconds to a minute + to fully get going. After a feed mode or power failure the pump ramps up to full speed sometimes faster than the siphon can restart. This means there is a chance to flood the floor as more water is going up and going down and the water will spill over the display. I previously limited the total amount of water in the system so that the pump would run "dry" until the siphon got up to full speed. There us a video of this in my thread a few pages back.

3 Foot Office Nano Power Failure Testing

With the addition of the COR and an extra optical sensor on my FMM I can no tell the COR to drop to 20-30% speed when this low sump sensor becomes exposed to air. This lets gives the siphon time to get going and the COR doesn't run dry or pushes bubbles into the display.

I have a video in the progress on how this all works.

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. While your tank is spectacular, I think I am most impressed by the sump organization. I'm in the process of setting up a 3 foot tank as well and I'm seriously considering getting a second cabinet since I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get everything to fit.

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah where's that painting from?!?

https://www.facebook.com/NoriVossen/

Won the painting from LFS raffle. The frame I made myself to match the walnut stand.

Wow. While your tank is spectacular, I think I am most impressed by the sump organization. I'm in the process of setting up a 3 foot tank as well and I'm seriously considering getting a second cabinet since I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get everything to fit.

Thank you! Good luck with your 3 footer as well. It took a lot of thinking and trial and error to get everything positioned in a useful spot. When the tank is designed to act like a large reef tank it does become a challenge to compact the same equipment in a smaller space.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@eschulist, how's your reef doing? I love following this one!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes update please! :p

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back