3 Foot Office Nano

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sure you know at this point but wow! The color of your corals are unreal. They are rich. Really beautiful. And if you didn't read about it you would swear it was 10x As big. Lol
Really cool

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you don't mind if we have the same tank. I'm moving to a new building and want a tank in my office. This is beautiful.

I don't mind at all. I encourage people to try this little long tank out. It creates unique challenges that forces you to focus on the tank in different ways because of the panoramic shallow nature. Good luck with your build

Stunning! Thanks for sharing!
No problem. Glad you liked it.

Im sure you know at this point but wow! The color of your corals are unreal. They are rich. Really beautiful. And if you didn't read about it you would swear it was 10x As big. Lol
Really cool
LOL Thanks. The colors always seem like they can be better in my eyes but I think thats the same for everyone's tank. The panoramic shape really tricks you into thinking its much larger. Another thing that makes it seem larger is there is a large gap between the back glass and the wall. Looking straight through you can be tricked into thinking that is water volume as well.

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't mind me asking what is your sand bed maintenance do you vacuum weekly or not at all?

Yep its vacuumed each time I do a water change which is about every 1-2 weeks. Really depends on my work schedule on how often it gets done.

Awesome Tank!! I love the angel.

Thanks. Its definitely my favorite fish.

BMMMW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I expected something really high tech with the results you show. Do you dose all manually.

Is your dosing info somewhere?

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope its the exact opposite. Extremely simple makes less maintanence and least possible points of failure. No skimmer. A filter sock for larger stuff and biopellets/carbon for media. Dosing is kalk mixed with my RODI matched to my evaporation rate that is dosed with a 50ml doser on a timer. (Its stored in a thin 1 gallon container not shown in that picture.)

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its been a long time since I posted those 3D rendering of my updated build.

Well its finally starting.

Black walnut custom built stand by our club woodworker jlanger. Very similar dimensions to my current "tv stand" but with lots of little improvements to make it easier to plumb, access, maintain, and disassemble/reassemble.
  • Doors have a nice soft close and are easily removable.
  • Power holes out the bottom on either side. Only one will probably be used as the other will get covered by the sump. Not sure on which side it will end up on yet.
  • Full solid back and sides for mounting equipment.
  • The back is finished to look like the front so a full walk around/peninsula style tank could be possible.
  • All 4 posts are multiple board combined together to look like large solid posts. The back posts do not have an inner core to allow for more room inside the stand. The bottoms are fully filled in to give the illusion that they are solid.
  • The plumbing cutouts on either side have an open top to allow the tank and plumbing assembly to be dropped in and removed in one piece.
  • Doors will eventually have small shelves for storage of foods, tools, and test equipment.

Now just to acquire 40+ plumbing parts and maybe even a new 12 gallon long.

255fJIO.jpg

HUWm7uU.jpg

uHBAa9l.jpg

jP2FHus.jpg

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so 4 different stores later and I think I have all my plumbing parts. Seeing them all lined up is making me nervous. This is a lot of PVC and joints. For each part having 2 (up to 4 on the unions and ball valves) points of failure or leaks this seems bad. Also a lot of the 3/4" and 1" parts are very big. I probably underestimated how big they were when doing my 3D model and may have to reconfigure some things to make sure it all fits. Maybe I keep it closer to my current build and just use one valve for the return line, one valve for the reactors and don't even use the Wye Check with double unions. If I get a good DC pump it might make the check and extra ball valves unnecessary.

9RFsRGX.jpg

MrE25QM.jpg

Still waiting on the caps and mounting brackets for the mini reactors. They will be black. Its unfortunate that the canisters have a purple haze. Does anyone else have these, are they slightly purple, grey, perfectly clear?
The 2 White fittings are Male threaded Tees with sockets on both ends. This seems to be a unique fitting as it only came in Sch 40 but it shouldnt matter I was going to paint them black to match the black PVC on the exterior anyway. They are for an external durso style overflow.

o12o0lv.jpg

The new 12 gallon tank is also ready to go! I ordered this one in low iron. Im honestly not sure what my current one is. The top is currently waiting to be cut. Should be ready by next week.

AHqdMBO.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oohh ahhhh! Can't wait!

Kalaniana'ole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off-topic for the current build, but what is in the sunburst anthias' diet? I've had a juvenile for a month and its just not interested in anything other than brine shrimp, so curious how you addressed diet for yours.

Also, I love everything about your setups.

OP
OP
eschulist

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off-topic for the current build, but what is in the sunburst anthias' diet? I've had a juvenile for a month and its just not interested in anything other than brine shrimp, so curious how you addressed diet for yours.

Also, I love everything about your setups.

Mine is almost the same way. Its not interested in any of the dry foods that I feed the other fish some days. But he loves Brine and Priscine Calanus. He'll sometimes eat mysis but its usually a little too big for him to eat.

Thanks. I hope this new build turns out like I hope, theres always a fear that this one will make more noise, leak, turn out to be harder to maintain, etc.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%

Back