CalsReef2020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some ideas!!

I have a 30 gallon reef aquarium that crashed a few months ago, lost everything except 2 clowns that I have since moved to another tank.

The tank is much better and I am now considering stocking it again, but I want to do a species specific tank.

Any Suggestions??

OP
OP
CalsReef2020

CalsReef2020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble Tip Anemone and a pair of designer Clownfish or school of Cardinalfish or Seahorses or Firefish to start
I will definitely look into the clownfish and anemones. I have already done the seahorses, dwarfs to be exact. That was a lot of fun, but it came to be to much work.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A tank with just different color forms of frogspawn would be pretty cool. your clowns should host them and you might be able to add a couple juvinile clowns with different colors/patterns

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small group of yellowfaced pike blennies would be good. They aren't the prettiest fish, but they have interesting behavior, and look like tiny little dragons. Just be sure to have a lid on the tank. You could also have a school of trimma or eviota gobies. Biota has captive bred them, and you could fit in maybe 6-10 of them. If you have the time to feed them, you could keep a leaf scorpionfish, wartskin anglerfish, or maybe a coral croucher. I hope that this helps.

OP
OP
CalsReef2020

CalsReef2020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small group of yellowfaced pike blennies would be good. They aren't the prettiest fish, but they have interesting behavior, and look like tiny little dragons. Just be sure to have a lid on the tank. You could also have a school of trimma or eviota gobies. Biota has captive bred them, and you could fit in maybe 6-10 of them. If you have the time to feed them, you could keep a leaf scorpionfish, wartskin anglerfish, or maybe a coral croucher. I hope that this helps.
Wow!!
Will definitely have to dig deeper into these ideas.

OP
OP
CalsReef2020

CalsReef2020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ANGLER!!!!! You can still grow corals in the tank. But no inverts. Anglers often need their own tank because they can eat any fish that can possibly fit into their mouth. Feeding time would always be an event. That would be a dope tank!
I LOVE corals, so being able to have such a cool fish and corals would be an amazing tank!
Thanks for the idea!

stovenut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back