300 litre with sump

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If cbb will eat aiptasia, they'll be gone before you can deal with them. I was surprised by mine. I have to be very careful adding things. If I touch it, it is food. :(

also I apologize, 0:20 is the correct time frame.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
About the CBB, does your cbb eat nori? I don't think you feed nori, but I am very curious. Mine absolutely loves the nori. I do not know why. I'll take video later today to prove this.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If cbb will eat aiptasia, they'll be gone before you can deal with them. I was surprised by mine. I have to be very careful adding things. If I touch it, it is food. :(

also I apologize, 0:20 is the correct time frame.
Main reason I wanted cbb was because such beautiful unusual looking fish but closely followed by I want the fish to have jobs in tank to help me and as alot state their cbb eat aiptasia this was a big influencer to get one.

I dont feed nori as such ,for reason of I can't seem to find none in any Chinese supermarket in my city,can find roasted seaweed and seaweed with spices / herbs added but not plain nori,but I have got oceans nutrition green algae sheets I think it's called and not seen it eat any of that but don't feed that as often as I should .think I may add some on a clip now and see if it eats any this time.

And let's hope the cbb eats these aiptasia as must be 4 or 5 on this small zoa rock that got like 35 zoas on it as they are small and inbetween the zoas and I only spotted them as lights out on tank and zoomed in with phone with light on phone so don't think the aiptasia rise out above the zoas as of yet so only way cbb will be able to see them is when zoas are closed or when they grow larger ,and was dreading removing all the aiptasia without spreading them and dont particular want to remove the zoas from the rock.
But now I noticed the aiptasia,I'm now thinking have they stung the zoa as couple of the pink/ peachy coloured ones lost bit their colour but idk.
Maybe I leave zoa rock in a few days and see what happens then make a decision on what to do ^_^
Thanks for all your advice, it's much appreciated indeed as I only know what I know
From reading which is different than hands on experience off course

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Spionid worms

I have not found away to kill them :(

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spionid worms

I have not found away to kill them :(
Yeah I been reading up on them also and seems even if you did get rid of these spionid worms,you probably only then get them later ,well if like me and only just starting to add corals .
Najer said look up barnacles on sps corals and does look like these also so unsure if barnacles or spionid worms.i know spionid have 2 tentacles but most say 2 clear tubes where as mine are banded,barnacles I've seen with feather like and multiply tentacles so really unsure what I got.
But I double dipped the coral in effort to try kill the worm but maybe I've done some damage to the sps as noticing the tips are more whiter and looks like flesh falling apart so all I can do at this point is watch and see what happens I guess.
Times like this is when I think why didn't I go with my original plan of qt everything but I changed mind thinking wanting bio - diversity but we shall see if I made bad choice as time goes on ^_^

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well same green slimer sps also found black bugs at base last night.
I've had some black bugs like this in tank since added a lobo months ago so not sure if they the same or came in on coral.this slimer got double dipped so idk

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well bought 5 corals 4 days ago and had some kind problem with all 5 lol.
Purple torch = bjd
Stylo= snapped off as getting something with tank lights off.
Green and pink zoa rock = 4- 5 aiptasia
Green slimer= spiniod burrowing worms or barnacles living inside it.
Radioactive dragon eyes zoa= urchin started wearing as a hat and thinking 8ish zoa polyps Mia now lol

Here quick video of giving purple torch a bath in 118ml witch hazel soloution - 28 ml tank water fir 15 minutes.
Here what torch looked like before witch hazel bath.
Been in tank 3 days and seemed to be settling in sort of ok.not great wavy tentacles but not far off it but this morning as lights come on.could see wasnt opening up properley and part of torch I positioned to back so got less flow as part flesh was seemed to be missing ( I'm guessing from rubbing in bag in drive home,and got caught on sharp skeleton)

And here video of torch after bath and rinsed twice and interestingly some these little black bugs that had in tank since introduced lobo few months ago and noticed on new Green slimer also ( think same anyway) well once made decision to throw torch in the bin I thought I do little experiment and try kill some these black bug things you can see in this last video by putting torch in a glass with tap water,well left torch in tap water for about 20 minutes and they still crawling around and seemed unfazed by tap water lol so if they are I deed acro eating black/ red bugs and what I read about how hard they are to kill,seems 20 minutes in tap water doesn't kill them either lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my benifit = I've read upto " dosing witch hazel and treatment options "

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For my benifit = I've read upto " dosing witch hazel and treatment options "
I did not know this could be ran and used in the display tank. That seems great!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not know this could be ran and unsed in the display tank. That seems great!
Well you and me both seeing as I only first heard of witch hazel since you told me the other day,then researched it and found this article on it

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Some kind bi valve on small zia frag I bought.its closed in this video.i did see it and think was old dead clam but it's opening and closing so still alive so that's cool

Here it's open which looks like a load of junk inside it.im hoping my cbb eats the aiptasia and leaves the bi valve alone lol
I moved the zoa frag up a few inches onto rockwork and span it around in hopes cbb gets better look at these aiptasia

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love the hitch hikers we get, until they are pests that require extensive work to remove :(

I haven't gotten acropora bugs yet, but I could eventually :(

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the hitch hikers we get, until they are pests that require extensive work to remove :(

I haven't gotten acropora bugs yet, but I could eventually :(
Well as you seen in video above .I've got some kind of black bugs in my green slimer but I'm thinking there the same bugs I had since got gsp months ago but we shall see

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it is from your gsp, they wont survive without acropora, from the information I read. However, if you managed to receive some with your acropora, that is a different story. Does it look like they are eating the coral?

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soory for late reply. I went back to my home town for a family wake and just got in now at 3.30 am. Had a right night out lol.

These are the bugs on green slimer .they right at bottom of frag but not really on tje acro but on the frag plug and they look very similar to bugs I had in tank for months now

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't think they are eating the acro
I forget the name of these little critters. They are very small and just graze around, most of the time, the acropora bugs are dug into the tissue. You will/may see bleaching where they are eating and tissue loss. No polyp extension, what else, they would not be off of the tissue either. Looks like these guys are roaming the frag plug.

could be ostracods?

Last edited:
Back