OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you to you all... :) but there is still a long way to go... but im stoked! its going to be GREAT! :-D
im mixing salt water now... hopefully tomorrow i can put the rest of the sand in... and start filling this puppy... wooohooo!!!

islander84

Island Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock scaping ROCKS!!! Love the two islands...i think it looks bada@# when the corals grow out between the islands and the fish can swim in between them.... what kind of sand are you using...looks like coarse aragonite?...

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im using carib sea live oragonite sand... i think its pretty standard... as far as course... i wanted something with some weight to it... ill be using 5 MP40's... so i hope its going to stick this time

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to get 60's but I read about them being fish killers... I've run into cases where 40's are omost too much and thought better of it...

The angle Iron is just primed right now... Im not finished with them yet... Bill says I should powder coat them too :)

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power coat defiantly.

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very sweet. the angle iron looks great. do you worry about rust around all the salt??

Yea... I talked to the fabricator about that... So they professionally primed them... And said once I paint them they will be fine... But I have my reservations about that seeing first hand how this salt gets to virtually all steel... Well see I guess

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for your compliments :) but my work is not done until you are ALL JEALOUS!!! :D

ok... so today we got a few things going... i finished putting the tint on the sides of the aquarium
sidetint.jpg

i finished the braces for the top... sorry.. i didnt get them powder coated... i thought it was a great idea.. but the time frame involved didnt allow that... i used conduit to protect the threaded rod... painted the angle iron black... i was going to paint the conduit... except when i bought the rubber tips to protect the end of the threaded rod... it so happened to match the grey conduit... and when i put the angle iron pieces on... i really likeed the two-tone look... overall.. im really happy with them... its a MUCH better solution than the original glass cross braces... thanks Bart!
completedbrace.jpg

and now... fill-er-up!!! i used a couple of bottles of "smart start"... live sand... and microbacter 7.. so hopefully that will give me a good jump on the cycle...
waterfill.jpg

OP
OP
New Wave

New Wave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you still got your old lighting in place?
sorta... not really... all thats left is 2-250W MH 14K's... i sold the reefbrites... and trying to sell the other MH's... sell... ha.. more like give them away... no takers yet... im in the process of putting together LED's... so the 2-250's will hold me till those are finished... (cough..Bill.. cough) ;) just kiddin... we're waiting for the parts to come in stock for the LED's... hopefully soon

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mel they have some DIY powder coating kits you can use at home.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 113 74.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back