30g frag tank lighting

  • Thread starter Thread starter SIJoe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SIJoe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2013
Messages
109
Reaction score
71
Location
Staten Island NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! I have purchased a DBP 30g franc tank as my display. I am set on getting AI lighting over radion due to price and controllability. My question is do I purchase the Hydra hd 26 or 52 over the 24x24x12 tank?
 
I think you should try 2 hydras 26 and set them so the pucks are front to back to get good coverage on the 24x24 area.
 
What about 2 AI Prime HD's? I love these lights!
 
Here it is

IMG_2306.JPG
 
I think the primes might give a disco ball effect. And 2 AI26 would be the same as buying 1 AI52 wouldn't it?
 
Having two would let you position them in a way to get better coverage instead of just having 4 in a straight line
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new