32 biocube Stocking

BiggieCheeseBoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi r2r, I had a couple questions regarding my stocking ideas of my new biocube tank.
I am thinking of getting a dwarf Fuzzy lionfish(My favorite fish), a Maroon Clown and a toby puffer for the biocube 32. I was wondering if these 3 are compatible. Also are anemones safe with toby puffers?

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all WELCOME! This is a great place to learn.

I have a 32 gallon biocube. Here is my 2 cents. You should not overcrowd it. The fuzzy dwarf lion fish is suggested a minimum tank size of 50 gallons. So, nope.

Maroon clown fish can be pretty aggressive, so I got another nope there unless you only want one fish in your tank and maybe one other totally different fish. Anemones can be challenging. I would wait for one of these.

My current stocking list is:
2 black occelaris clowns (bonded pair)
Royal Gramma
Yellow Watchman Goby
Lawnmower Blenny
Tiger Sand Conch
3 Nessarius snails
1 hermit crab

I had a firefish too, but my "peaceful" female clown fish killed it.
These are small tanks, think small...

What are you doing for rock, sand, cycle?

OP
OP
B

BiggieCheeseBoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so i have my tank fully cycled already, i have about 25 lbs of pukani rock with about 30 lbs of sand for a 3 inch sandbed. Also i was planning on waiting for the nem for at least 6 months

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a small easy fish to keep your cycle going (goby, firefish). Stock fish in the order of least aggressive to most aggressive. Take you time. Check out the Live Aquaria website. they have a nice tool to help you select your tank size and recommend compatible fish. For a tank this size, you want to stick with "peaceful" fish.

OP
OP
B

BiggieCheeseBoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get a firefish or gobies but i heard they are jumpers and I am planning on upgrading to an AI Prime in the future so I need an open top. Don't want any fish jumping out. Do you think a clown pair is a good start?

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get a firefish or gobies but i heard they are jumpers and I am planning on upgrading to an AI Prime in the future so I need an open top. Don't want any fish jumping out. Do you think a clown pair is a good start?

Not in my opinion. They are aggressive. They would be better off being last. Look into a screened top.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tailspot Blenny, Watchman goby w/ tiger pistol shrimp, pair of Clowns. In that order. Just my opinion based on personal experience.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroon is not recommended unless that is all you want to keep in a 32 gal tank. Lion fish is not recommended either unless you want a species tank. Lion Fish will eat everything that is small enough to go into a 32 gal tank.
Check this link. It is LiveAquaria nano fish selections:
https://www.liveaquaria.com/category/2124/nano-fish?c=15+2124&r=

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As recommended above, go to www.liveaquaria.com and select fish that are generally peaceful and no more than 30 gallons minimum. As for the open top, you could easily fit a mesh top over a biocube (literally make one yourself) get good light penetration and have a safe measure for potential jumpers (which all saltwater fish are).

Among recommendations for your tank (no more than 5 total fish):

Yellowhead Jawfish
Smaller Gobies
Blennies
Occ or Percula Clownfish (no more than a pair regardless)
Royal Gramma Basslet
Smaller Dartfish (ie Scissortail, Firefish)
Possum or Pink Streaked Wrasse

bexlc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a small easy fish to keep your cycle going (goby, firefish). Stock fish in the order of least aggressive to most aggressive. Take you time. Check out the Live Aquaria website. they have a nice tool to help you select your tank size and recommend compatible fish. For a tank this size, you want to stick with "peaceful" fish.
Link to the Live Aquaria tool? I didn’t find it on their site.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi r2r, I had a couple questions regarding my stocking ideas of my new biocube tank.
I am thinking of getting a dwarf Fuzzy lionfish(My favorite fish), a Maroon Clown and a toby puffer for the biocube 32. I was wondering if these 3 are compatible. Also are anemones safe with toby puffers?
I’d throw an engineer goby in there with all that. I love mine and he’s a sea monster now.

Fishels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a pistol goby pair work okay in a 32 Cube? Would the shrimp bother any other hermits or bottom dwellers in that size tank?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back