32G biocube: Coral suggestions

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello I was wondering what other corals people would recommend me to get in my tank.
I know it’s preference but I’m curious to what others would add.

24956AE7-8737-45A0-A5B7-FEB285FB4378.jpeg 8A7D9E50-B068-4E4E-AC9B-0B940E3C4E24.jpeg

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello fellow biocuber! What kind of corals are you into? In the blind I'd suggest a nice zoa garden
I was honestly thinking about doing that. I glued these zoas on this rock not to long ago but the rock is really big. Wish it was longer and flatter. I have a lot of other small rocks i could use, but idk if it will be hard to remove the glue and reglue them onto a different rock.

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 4 zoas on that rock. Should i just leave it that many? I kinda want a lot of them to grow at least my blondies and chaos zoas.
Depends, the more you add the smaller the colonys can get, me personally, specially in a small tank I'd go with quantity over size although 4 big colonys on that rock will look great too

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depends, the more you add the smaller the colonys can get, me personally, specially in a small tank I'd go with quantity over size although 4 big colonys on that rock will look great too
maybe ill add one ore 2 more if i can find a very pretty zoa

Copingwithpods

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe ill add one ore 2 more if i can find a very pretty zoa
That's the problem you'll find tons lol
20200513_192942.jpg

Just try to keep the bigger zoas/palys separate from the smaller ones so they don't get shaded out or over run

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d put some mushrooms or even a scoly on the sand bed. Some great color options with those.
I was actually thinking about that! But also I gotta be careful. My pistol shrimp and goby live under my right rock. Yesterday my pistol shrimp tried to steal my gold hammer lol!

A11AEEE8-E147-4926-8DEA-21F7E24B58C3.jpeg

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's the problem you'll find tons lol
20200513_192942.jpg

Just try to keep the bigger zoas/palys separate from the smaller ones so they don't get shaded out or over run
I have blondies utter chaos cat eye and Pandora’s. I see the last two are growing way faster. I might have to move them.

Payne Train

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a BioCube32 a couple years back - really liked it .
I had really good luck with branching frogspawn . A good looking finger leather is nice too.

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want some different color though so i might try to find a purple frogspawn or something.

tanked4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a wide variety of corals growing well in my 32g BioCube. Some of my favorites:

- Trumpet (Candy Cane) coral
- Acans
- Hammer coral
- Toadstool
- Blastos
- Favia
- Mushrooms
- Goniopora (I suggest an ORA one - Easier to grow)
- Duncan
- Rock Anemone
- Paly/Zoa

Random thoughts:

Frogspawns are great, but be careful of the sweepers. They can be long. The sweepers on the hammers are generally shorter.

The toadstool and hammer create great movement, but they get REALLY big. Be prepared to cut them back/frag.

Think carefully about zoa/paly placements, I have a colony of orange hornets, which are nice looking, taking over an entire rock. Dito, with the mushrooms.

If I had to do it over again, I would get more acans and less zoa/palys.

By the way, the above are all growing with stock lights. :)

Have fun!

Payne Train

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a wide variety of corals growing well in my 32g BioCube. Some of my favorites:

- Trumpet (Candy Cane) coral
- Acans
- Hammer coral
- Toadstool
- Blastos
- Favia
- Mushrooms
- Goniopora (I suggest an ORA one - Easier to grow)
- Duncan
- Rock Anemone
- Paly/Zoa

Random thoughts:

Frogspawns are great, but be careful of the sweepers. They can be long. The sweepers on the hammers are generally shorter.

The toadstool and hammer create great movement, but they get REALLY big. Be prepared to cut them back/frag.

Think carefully about zoa/paly placements, I have a colony of orange hornets, which are nice looking, taking over an entire rock. Dito, with the mushrooms.

If I had to do it over again, I would get more acans and less zoa/palys.

By the way, the above are all growing with stock lights. :)

Have fun!
I agree with his frogspawn statement - they will grow and extend —- for me, it was my favorite piece in my aquarium so all of my coral was selected 2nd to my frogspawn .

tanked4u - do you have some pics ??

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back