• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

3D printed goods

Cole presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey - so I’ve got a a 3d printer and was wondering if anyone had anything they wanted printed. Not looking to get rich off of 3d printing so if anyone has anything off like thingiverse that they want printed - PM me!

Kammetal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Holder for the Vectra controller since the vortech Mounts don’t work for the Vectras

OP
OP
C

Cole presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vortech mounts don't work for vectras?? I thought there were all the same haha

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey - so I’ve got a a 3d printer and was wondering if anyone had anything they wanted printed. Not looking to get rich off of 3d printing so if anyone has anything off like thingiverse that they want printed - PM me!
Be careful how you go about this!! I run a small 3d print farm and at one time attempted the same idea. However, if you list anything with ANY price, the consumer protection act protects the original designer on thingiverse. I got nailed doing it.

OP
OP
C

Cole presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked under the creative Commons thing on Thingiverse and it says that anything under that is fair use for distribution. Not sure how cracked down they are. I’m only Selling via PM at the moment lol

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked under the creative Commons thing on Thingiverse and it says that anything under that is fair use for distribution. Not sure how cracked down they are. I’m only Selling via PM at the moment lol
Just a friendly heads up, I said/thought the same thing and took the same attitude But fyi, posting on a worldwide forum, isn't exactly flying under the radar, to make a few bucks on a 3d print. Good luck with your new venture.

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the heads up. Haven’t done anything yet.
Could careless if you are, just sharing my bad experience. If you want to make money, get familiar with Fushion360, design your own pieces, not copy someone else's for your benefit. If youre that set on 3d printing, you'll want/need the software and know how to use it anyway. Then you can make as much money as you want/need. Legally... Just a thought. My intent was only to give you heads up.

OP
OP
C

Cole presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could careless if you are, just sharing my bad experience. If you want to make money, get familiar with Fushion360, design your own pieces, not copy someone else's for your benefit. If youre that set on 3d printing, you'll want/need the software and know how to use it anyway. Then you can make as much money as you want/need. Legally... Just a thought. My intent was only to give you heads up.
What exactly happened? I’m curious.

OP
OP
C

Cole presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was under the assumption that everything published that states fair use was totally legal to distribute per the thingiverse website

OP
OP
C

Cole presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I went off of -

CA1FB489-DFC8-499D-8D18-0C7AD98869EF.jpeg

ISFNick

Nano Reef Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think it means you can't profit off of the exact designs from someone else.
You can share and redistribute, but not for profit.

You can profit off of it if you make enough of a change to distinguish it as yours.

GUESSING hahha

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

"This license lets others remix, adapt, and build upon your work non-commercially, and although their new works must also acknowledge you and be non-commercial, they don't have to license their derivative works on the same terms."

"License Elements means the license attributes listed in the name of a Creative Commons Public License. The License Elements of this Public License are Attribution, NonCommercial, and ShareAlike. ... NonCommercial means not primarily intended for or directed towards commercial advantage or monetary compensation."

Read the entirety of the CCO. It clearly states for use share and modify, not to benefit monitarily, commercially or personally.

Look, like I said. I could careless, and clearly either do you. Again it was a heads up, and all it takes is the creator of the original piece to be a member of this forum, which he probably is, since he created reef aquarium related pieces, to see your post. It's a small world, remember...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back