3D printed rock

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I made the mistake three weeks ago of moving my Xenia from the sandbed to my main rock, and since then it has tripled in size. I’d like to undo that action, but bought a hammer coral for the sandbed. The only other option I can think of is buying another rock, but they are rather expensive and I already have about 25 pounds, and really don’t want or need any more. If I don’t act soon though, I’m gonna be looking at a Xenia-infested tank. I figured a good way to isolate it would be 3D designing and printing a rock fit for an exact location. I can then use this to isolate my green star polyp and pulsing Xenia. However, I am wondering if this is feasible. Obviously I need something to weigh it down. Also, I’d like to know if this idea is safe for the tank. I’m not too worried about the 3D rock’s aesthetics as it would be covered in a less than a week by GSP and Xenia. Is this a good idea? Also, how far from the rock would it need to be to prevent spreading? I’ve first hand seen that Xenia always finds a way back to the rock, and really wish I just kept it where it was, as nice a coral as it is.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back