3D printer recommendation

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i run a ender 3 v2 with micro swiss dd hot end and works great . i would look at the size of stuff you want to print or could want to print for the size of bed you will want

rajdude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both here: a Prusa MK3+ and an Ender 3 V2.
Print quality is pretty much the same. Ender took some time to setup. But Prusa was MUCH more time consuming while assembling it.

Is Prusa 3 to 4 times better than the Ender, Nope! But sure it is easier to use and has more features. Ender needed a lot of fine tuning, in terms of testing and re testing using test prints and modifying the slicer settings. But once done, it is rock solid.

Prusa's profiles out of the box were almost usable, just needed minor mods, mostly to our "taste".

Filament? Cheap $20 PETG spools from Micro Center work perfectly fine.

I mentor and host two kids FTC robotics teams also, so they get a fair amount of use.

oredith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
microcenter is running another 99 dollar Ender 3 pro sale. This is the absolute best deal you can get on a brand new 3d printer, if you happen to live near one.

yes, it's 100% legit, I've bought 3 before this on the same type of sale. you just need to give them a number for them to text you back the code.

re: the prusa MK3. that USED to be the best printer if you could afford the premium for it, because it comes with basically all the goodies. Now that the Ender 3 S1 pro is out though, I can not see a single reason why someone would get the prusa mk3 over the s1 pro.

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
microcenter is running another 99 dollar Ender 3 pro sale. This is the absolute best deal you can get on a brand new 3d printer, if you happen to live near one.

yes, it's 100% legit, I've bought 3 before this on the same type of sale. you just need to give them a number for them to text you back the code.

re: the prusa MK3. that USED to be the best printer if you could afford the premium for it, because it comes with basically all the goodies. Now that the Ender 3 S1 pro is out though, I can not see a single reason why someone would get the prusa mk3 over the s1 pro.
Quality, reliability, longevity, warranty, support, options, footprint, software, and you get a pack of gummy bears!

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a HP multifunction printer that does a great job, including feed scanning, but the ink costs are ridiculous.

Can anyone recommend a printer that will feed scan too but has reasonable consumable costs please? I am thinking one that has one of the larger ink cartridges that are used in office printers.

Thank you.
probably a laser printer would be economical on ink; not sure if I've seen any with scanning though.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always recommended enders to start with. (I have 11 printers and have had more). I just got and assembled a prusa MK3S+ kit and absolutely love it.

I am now in the process of selling off all my creality printers except my ender 2 pros (I have two of them) so I can get another prusa. I am also keeping my two trees bluer plus for the large build volume I need once in a while.

I have been printing for 5 years now almost. I print multiple items every day.

I here the voron is even better than the prusa, but, I don't have that level of commitment to a scratch build and the price is double (at least) what a prusa is. I am told they take 40 hours to build and over 100 hours to print the parts.

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquila X2, which is pretty much a $180 Ender clone. I like it a lot. I added the BLtouch automatic bed leveler. For some reason they went big on the servo motors (high quality, quiet), and CHEAP on the fans which are very noisy. They are easy and cheap to replace ($10) but it was annoying that they didn't spend the extra 50 cents over what they put in there. Print quality is great, regardless of what you get there will be some experimentation. I managed to make a large santa monica style algae scrubber. It didn't do well at scrubbing but great print quality lol.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This one works?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221102-212544_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20221102-212544_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 35

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This one works?
yep! great printer. needs a $20 metal hot end to print PETG. could use an extruder too
I just got one of these:

and put it on my Ender3Pro. its great; better then the other one I got for my other printers.

I cant tell the difference between these and my

I have on my CR-10

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Ender5 Pro, added a BLTouch before I even plugged it in. Still leveled the bed before the 1st print but it's been mostly flawless for about a year (I had a clogged nozzle once).

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will I need a separate room for the printer? Will it create a mess of debris everywhere?
As long as you're using a regular fdm printer and not using ABS, you can set up a small table and be good to go. The debris is stuff like the initial wipe and maybe a skirt but it stays stuck to the plate until you remove it.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
its just scrap. but hang on; you may be able to get a better deal on black Friday or from this page:

I just got the EnderExtender400 from him. I am pretty sure he is not selling used Ender lemons.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back