3D printer recommendation

ck24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What everyone using for 3D printer? What are some things you with you got or mistakes you learned. Looking to get one here soon.
Thanks

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I looked at the Ender 3 and Prusa, and but ended up going with a Sidewinder Artillery because it has a larger bed, and comes with a direct extruder already. I've been pretty happy with it, but it is my first printer, so others with more experience might chime in with a more informed opinion. It has been really useful for creating little items for my 900g build - probably already paid for itself...

OP
OP
ck24

ck24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey there, I looked at the Ender 3 and Prusa, and but ended up going with a Sidewinder Artillery because it has a larger bed, and comes with a direct extruder already. I've been pretty happy with it, but it is my first printer, so others with more experience might chime in with a more informed opinion. It has been really useful for creating little items for my 900g build - probably already paid for itself...
Yeah that’s my thought have a bunch of ideas already. Been looking at the Ender 5. Thanks for the input.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey there!
I am Mark Daniel. A printer expert and a technician I have 10 years of experience in this field. I have many 3D printers in my collection. But the Epson Atrtisan 1430 3D printer is very fast, secure, reliable, and economical. I suggest for you. go to printerflash for more information. Thanks.
Hi Mark! I hope you didn’t go to the trouble of making an account here just to say that… please, post a build thread! I’d like to see you tank!

oh! And welcome!

ReefEco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!
I am Mark Daniel. A printer expert and a technician I have 10 years of experience in this field. I have many 3D printers in my collection. But the Epson Atrtisan 1430 3D printer is very fast, secure, reliable, and economical. I suggest for you. go to printerflash for more information. Thanks.
Is the Epson Atrtisan 1430 even a 3D printer?

MadDog2229

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 3D Printers and a laser cutter. For an entry-level printer, I cannot recommend the Ender 3 S1 Pro. It's amazing. I had the predecessor the Ender 3 Pro, and this is much better. If you're interested I can go into detail about why, but I love it, and everyone I've recommended it to, has loved it as well.
If you're looking for something bigger, I'd recommend the Tronxy CoreXY Printer. I've printed a full-sized Mandalorian helmet on this one without having to cut it up for bed size.
If you're looking for super detail, def go look at a Resin 3d printer, though if you're going to use that for a reef tank, be careful. These have chemicals that may or may not be reef safe. I haven't checked to see if anything there would leech into the tank.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 3D Printers and a laser cutter. For an entry-level printer, I cannot recommend the Ender 3 S1 Pro. It's amazing. I had the predecessor the Ender 3 Pro, and this is much better. If you're interested I can go into detail about why, but I love it, and everyone I've recommended it to, has loved it as well.
If you're looking for something bigger, I'd recommend the Tronxy CoreXY Printer. I've printed a full-sized Mandalorian helmet on this one without having to cut it up for bed size.
If you're looking for super detail, def go look at a Resin 3d printer, though if you're going to use that for a reef tank, be careful. These have chemicals that may or may not be reef safe. I haven't checked to see if anything there would leech into the tank.
What filiments can be used in a tank? going with the Ender 3 Pro on sale on Amazon. just want to be sure i get the right filiment for the tank.

helmsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im using an Ender 3 V2 that I have modified with various upgrades, went direct drive with dual cool down fans. I used PETG to for any reef tank parts but uv can slowly break down PETG.

MadDog2229

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im using an Ender 3 V2 that I have modified with various upgrades, went direct drive with dual cool down fans. I used PETG to for any reef tank parts but uv can slowly break down PETG.
Yeah the upgrades are amazing! I did that on my first ender. The nice thing about the new one...is it has all of the upgrades, including the direct drive on it stock!

MadDog2229

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What filiments can be used in a tank? going with the Ender 3 Pro on sale on Amazon. just want to be sure i get the right filiment for the tank.
PETG is great, wont break down as fast as say PLA. If it's a short term thing, PLA is a Plant based Bioplastic...

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really, the only drawback with the Prusa is the long lead time.

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
don't waste your time or money on anything,,, Prusa is a go to for me... that is what I recommend; I print on a daily basis.

Bada Bing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running the Sovol SV01 for a couple years now and with just a couple simple mods (mostly just an upgraded hotend) it's been a reliable workhorse. Sovol is making an SV01 Pro now that incorporates all of the typical mods/upgrades for about $350 on Amazon. Like you, I was completely new to 3D printing and just jumped in. It wasn't that painful :) Actually keep trying to convince myself that I don't need the new Sovol SV04 IDEX, duel head, dual color. And ya, PETG or ABS is suitable material, PLA won't last.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good luck with my Prussa MK3 I purchased when they first came out

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back