• PLEASE create your market listing (new for sale thread) HERE in our new marketplace! The new marketplace will allow you to create listings based on criteria that will help those searching for aquarium products and livestock find your items easier. You will also be able to accept online payment or your own method of outside payment. The new market will also allow you to pick and choose who you sell to easier, keep track of your products, give and receive feedback scores and much more! Thank you. For more info please see this thread or go directly to the Beta Market here.

3D printer source files for a Neptune Systems Trident Mounting Bracket

SDJustin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I wanted to mount 2x tridents off the 'floor' of my aquarium stand. A few hours in AutoDesk Fusion 360 and a few dozen hours of printing resulted in this. It's not perfect, but it works and seem sturdy enough to be completely safe for the Trident. (of course you have to know how to 3D print or have it professionally printed)

Neptune Systems Trident Mounting Bracket by jhardin - Thingiverse

trident_holder.jpg trident_mount.jpg trident_mount2.jpg

First Choice
OP
SDJustin

SDJustin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone interested in printing and selling me one of these? :D

If you want it in white or black I'll just charge shipping as I have plenty of filament. If you want it in another color it'll be $35+shipping. PM me with color/shipping preferences and a Venmo ID or some such and I'll get the printer fired up (or is there a way to pay through reef2reef buy/sell/trade?) There are three pieces and they each take ~10 hours, so it it won't be super fast to print/ship out.

-Justin

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
This came out great. I welded all 3 pieces together with a 3D pen after it was finished. Came out solid.

Thanks for the post.

Attachments

• 9F279C56-C74A-49A5-903C-487C4DB4ED07.jpeg
    9F279C56-C74A-49A5-903C-487C4DB4ED07.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 31B05C26-13F5-43C5-A73A-B4CBB32E9E1C.jpeg
    31B05C26-13F5-43C5-A73A-B4CBB32E9E1C.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 75
Maxout
OP
SDJustin

SDJustin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Received and mounted mine today! Wanted my mount on the left side, so my trident doesn’t fit perfectly but it works and is up out of the way!

3AB59519-E014-4F8F-978D-C1D8DD644BA7.jpeg

doh! I wish you would of told me I could have mirrored it in AutoDesk fusion 360! Maybe this weekend I'll create a left mounted version for people to print. The reason it's not symmetrical front to back is that I wanted it to not be ably to be 'pushed back/pulled forward' when refilling reagents.

ccurnick

View Badges
Reaction score
doh! I wish you would of told me I could have mirrored it in AutoDesk fusion 360! Maybe this weekend I'll create a left mounted version for people to print. The reason it's not symmetrical front to back is that I wanted it to not be ably to be 'pushed back/pulled forward' when refilling reagents.
Honesty was a game time decision as where I originally planned to put it didn’t work.

The wall is close behind it so it won’t fall backwards anyways. Once a month to lift it to change reagents isn’t anything to be worried about. If it ever actually bugs me that bad I will buy another as it’s well worth the cost if you don’t have a good place to set the trident.

Reef Chasers Aquaculture
A Reef Creation