• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

3D printer source files for a Neptune Systems Trident Mounting Bracket

SDJustin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to mount 2x tridents off the 'floor' of my aquarium stand. A few hours in AutoDesk Fusion 360 and a few dozen hours of printing resulted in this. It's not perfect, but it works and seem sturdy enough to be completely safe for the Trident. (of course you have to know how to 3D print or have it professionally printed)

Neptune Systems Trident Mounting Bracket by jhardin - Thingiverse

trident_holder.jpg trident_mount.jpg trident_mount2.jpg

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s so funny that I was just thinking of this last night while changing a reagent. Thanks for the link, going to try it out.

OP
OP
SDJustin

SDJustin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone interested in printing and selling me one of these? :D

If you want it in white or black I'll just charge shipping as I have plenty of filament. If you want it in another color it'll be $35+shipping. PM me with color/shipping preferences and a Venmo ID or some such and I'll get the printer fired up (or is there a way to pay through reef2reef buy/sell/trade?) There are three pieces and they each take ~10 hours, so it it won't be super fast to print/ship out.

-Justin

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came out great. I welded all 3 pieces together with a 3D pen after it was finished. Came out solid.

Thanks for the post.

Attachments

• 9F279C56-C74A-49A5-903C-487C4DB4ED07.jpeg
    9F279C56-C74A-49A5-903C-487C4DB4ED07.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 220
  • 31B05C26-13F5-43C5-A73A-B4CBB32E9E1C.jpeg
    31B05C26-13F5-43C5-A73A-B4CBB32E9E1C.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 210
OP
OP
SDJustin

SDJustin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received and mounted mine today! Wanted my mount on the left side, so my trident doesn’t fit perfectly but it works and is up out of the way!

3AB59519-E014-4F8F-978D-C1D8DD644BA7.jpeg

doh! I wish you would of told me I could have mirrored it in AutoDesk fusion 360! Maybe this weekend I'll create a left mounted version for people to print. The reason it's not symmetrical front to back is that I wanted it to not be ably to be 'pushed back/pulled forward' when refilling reagents.

ccurnick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doh! I wish you would of told me I could have mirrored it in AutoDesk fusion 360! Maybe this weekend I'll create a left mounted version for people to print. The reason it's not symmetrical front to back is that I wanted it to not be ably to be 'pushed back/pulled forward' when refilling reagents.
Honesty was a game time decision as where I originally planned to put it didn’t work.

The wall is close behind it so it won’t fall backwards anyways. Once a month to lift it to change reagents isn’t anything to be worried about. If it ever actually bugs me that bad I will buy another as it’s well worth the cost if you don’t have a good place to set the trident.

Paul Kachirsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much for a red one? You happen to have red filament now?
mid not how much for black?

Blue Collared Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want it in white or black I'll just charge shipping as I have plenty of filament. If you want it in another color it'll be $35+shipping. PM me with color/shipping preferences and a Venmo ID or some such and I'll get the printer fired up (or is there a way to pay through reef2reef buy/sell/trade?) There are three pieces and they each take ~10 hours, so it it won't be super fast to print/ship out.

-Justin
Are you still making these?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back